X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brad View Post
    TV licensing.
    You can’t just log in and cancel your license. You have to log out, search for cancelling and are then presented with a cancel button. This button does not take you to a cancel menu but instead invites you to ask them a question which they then try to present answers to. In the end I just filled the question box with:

I’ve moved house to one that already has a tv license paid for by someone else and I’ve cancelled my direct debit.

Bye!
    I actually removed the TV licencing "implied rights access" to my property, since we bought our house and don't watch any live bbc content at all i didn't want to pay for a licence.

I just declared online that i didn't need one, then called them up and removed their implied access in case they ever "accidentally" sent goons round to check, apparently they don't do this anymore, however i made it perfectly clear that anyone on or on behalf of the bbc entering my property do not have permission to do so forevermore and would be stepping foot into my boundaries at their own risk.

Comment

I'd better not catch you watching the iPlayer on your mobile as you patrol the perimeter of your estate looking for BBC infiltrators.

Comment

The BBC is definitely going to have to start thinking now really hard about how it's going to operate in the future, today's younger audiences aren't going to pay the licence fee so the disappearance of that funding will need to come from somewhere...

Comment

Here, they're doing what they probably should have done long ago - they're replacing the idea of a TV license fee with another tax. That for me makes so much more sense because, while I think the funding is important and should absolutely continue, the idea of a TV license fee is from a whole different age and is harder and harder to sell each year.

Comment

I'm curious how they'd pitch that long term, I suspect it's the way things will have to go (well, Tories permitting) but it's effectively a Public Service tax but then the basis of that is on a service that is increasingly facing the pressure of not being used by future audiences. That and as a public service there's one thing the UK Government loves to do with them - privatise.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
              I'm curious how they'd pitch that long term
              Stick it on the side of a bus, I reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                Stick it on the side of a bus, I reckon.
                They don't do that now.

Now, they start with gusto and a quote, repeat a bit, then run out of steam and fail to complete the point, with people still thinking you're a great orator.

"It was Plato that said "Watch a man at play for an hour and you can learn more about him than in talking to him", so we, as a nation, must watch, a man, at play, rather than, as Plato said, talk to him, whilst he plays, not talking."

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                  "It was Plato that said "Watch a man at play for an hour and you can learn more about him than in talking to him"
                  He'd have been right into this Twitch business, Plato

Comment

Suddenly realised I didn't pay for unplanned Dartford crossing charge on Monday. ****.

Comment

Went for a ‘quick piss’ this morning mid-level in Sniper Elite 4. I was desperate to get back to it so didn’t waste valuable seconds lifting the toilet seat. ‘My aim is good enough.’

It wasn’t.

The dehydrated yellow streak of hell sprayed around like I had a sprinkler attachment in the end of my bell. The seat got soaked. The floor. Even the bastard wall got hosed. Pretty much the only place it didn’t go was in the toilet.

Instead of shaving valuable seconds off pisstime, I ended up mopping the horrid Buttercup syrup from all surfaces for about ten minutes.

Comment

Piss arl ower

Comment

Pissniper Unelite

Comment

Piper Secrete

Comment

Snipiss Elseat

Comment

Pippette u-leak

Comment

Working...