No announcement yet.

Shocking ebay prices! 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not eBay but amazon, while I was picking up a orange cube from amazon japan I thought i’d Look through the games section as there’s a few titles i’d Have like to add. Err screw that, what the hell happened to the prices of new cube games lol. So many titles that used to cost maybe £10 more than retail cost are now been slapped on there at 10,000yen and above some of them even hitting beyond 20,000yen like Kirby air ride it’s utter madness I am so glad I got the majority of my stuff back in the day as if I was looking for new titles now you can forget it. Well assuming those new titles don’t have wrecked slipcases as even if they are sealed all those years of shelf wear will bend the edges around the plastic cases. Think I will have to skip any new cube games unless I can buy in person.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
      Not eBay but amazon, while I was picking up a orange cube from amazon japan I thought i’d Look through the games section as there’s a few titles i’d Have like to add. Err screw that, what the hell happened to the prices of new cube games lol. So many titles that used to cost maybe £10 more than retail cost are now been slapped on there at 10,000yen and above some of them even hitting beyond 20,000yen like Kirby air ride it’s utter madness I am so glad I got the majority of my stuff back in the day as if I was looking for new titles now you can forget it. Well assuming those new titles don’t have wrecked slipcases as even if they are sealed all those years of shelf wear will bend the edges around the plastic cases. Think I will have to skip any new cube games unless I can buy in person.
      Yeah, the Japanese sellers are like retro eBay sellers now. Cart only Mario World £80. It's retro! It's gotta be worth that much!

Comment

There are some bargains to be had on there but sure as hell not in the GameCube section lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
          Yeah, the Japanese sellers are like retro eBay sellers now. Cart only Mario World £80. It's retro! It's gotta be worth that much!
          It might be a reflection of changes in Japanese high street stores.

Back in 2001 old games were dirt cheap. Didn't matter the era, the majority of games, apart from a few specific rarities, were obscenely cheap. Even the expensive stuff was cheap.

As of 2013 they seem to have cottoned on to Westerners paying through the nose for stuff, so retail stores sell for more, and tend to have very limited stock since online sellers vacuum up titles to sell to foreigners online for a fortune.

Oh how the world's game economy has mutated.

Comment

That doesn't quite explain amazon japans marketplace as those sellers don't sell to outside of japan 99.9% of the time so those crazy prices are aimed at the domestic market, i know sealed gamecube stuff is not super common anymore but the way the prices have rocketed i have found rather shocking. Maybe people are finally cottoning on that the cube was actually a great little console. Shame more people didn't actually bother to give it a chance instead of falling for the fanboy crap and laughing at the colour & handle.

Comment

Saw this and had to laugh. Frankly I'm not so sure this is completely unused anyway based on pics, but even if it is... hardly rare or mint is it? Crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Hohum View Post
                Saw this and had to laugh. Frankly I'm not so sure this is completely unused anyway based on pics, but even if it is... hardly rare or mint is it? Crazy.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brand-new...G/174146361149
                What sort of crazy people are bidding on this! I don’t think it’s new and unused either, bot worth a quarter of the current price IMO.

Comment

And it's PAL!

Comment

The sloppy way those cables are in the box means there's no way in hell that isn't a used machine. Even the joypad is a dead giveaway as sony love to put the cables in a little baggy before they put the entire thing in a larger bag. But i guess people are always out to rip off people who don't know better and yeah ew a pal machine unless that thing is modded it might as well be trash.

Comment

The sloppy way those cables are in the box means there's no way in hell that isn't a used machine. Even the joypad is a dead giveaway as sony love to put the cables in a little baggy before they put the entire thing in a larger bag. But i guess people are always out to rip off people who don't know better and yeah ew a pal machine unless that thing is modded it might as well be trash.
                      Couldn’t agree more, but why on earth are people being that blind and bidding silly money,!?!????

Comment

I'd have been 50:50 on the cables, but I'm pretty certain Sony wouldn't have sent it out with an inch ripped off the corner of the manual!

Comment

Originally posted by dyer60 View Post
                          Couldn’t agree more, but why on earth are people being that blind and bidding silly money,!?!????
                          I guess it's casual gamers who've got on the 'nostalgia train' and aren't thinking straight. They're buying the hype that retro stuff is "RARE" and worth loads of dosh. When in reality -- something like a boxed PS1 isn't worth loads of money. But the power of nostalgia and hype can easily inflate prices and you end up with stupid situations like that PS1 selling for £221.

Comment

Jesus. I sold a boxed minty (but used) PS1, with a new replaced laser unit to correct stutter, and modchipped, for only £50 a couple years back.

Is that how much they're worth now?

Comment

Anything can be worth as much as someone is willing to pay but generally no, they are not even remotely worth that much especially pal machines.

Comment

It's the 'sealed' thing. People go mental for what they'll pay for sealed stuff for some reason.

Except, of course, that very obviously isn't actually sealed, and has actually just had the wires shoved at random into a baggy.

So. Not a good deal

Comment

Working...
                                X