Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
    So what do the F-Zero eReader cards do; unlock more characters/cars?
    If i remember correctly they add new ships/characters to your game along with custom’tracks. When you swipe the card it builds the course then if you race it the game will let you save it to your cart to race again at any point. Think there are staff ghosts to race too.
    Last edited by importaku; 01-08-2019, 09:53.

Comment

Well my games turned up and in beautiful condition thankfully the card sleeves not bashed up under the plastic, got them all in protectors. Im still so thankful that protectors were made for japanese cube boxes. As more years march on you can forget ever finding pristine japanese cube games they just get battered and fall apart around the edges, gonna try to go for the last few i need before it gets too hard/expensive.

While im awaiting my spice orange cube to arrive i have been scouring pads from storage i found my old wavebird and also my mums old wavebird too both are looking rather sorry for wear, seems that hand grease is a factor in yellowing as those sticks look like crap. Bought some replacement stick caps off ebay to restore them. I also managed to find my pearl white cube controller that went with my limited crystal chronicles gamecube i must have lost this one for over 10 years i randomly found it in a box of unrelated stuff, it looks pretty much new with no yellowing thankfully, a miracle.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
        try to go for the last few i need before it gets too hard/expensive.

Have you got PC Genjin? One of few Japanese GameCube games that I have in my collection.

i found my old wavebird and also my mums old wavebird
        Love the Wavebird. Bought quite a few of them when they were still cheap. Also use them with my Wii.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post

Have you got PC Genjin? One of few Japanese GameCube games that I have in my collection.

Love the Wavebird. Bought quite a few of them when they were still cheap. Also use them with my Wii.
          Yeah PC genjin is the only one i have from those 4 hudson remakes i stupidly never bothered to get the others but i will be trying to rectify that oversight. Amazon Japan is great for getting new copies but at the prices that they are going for i dare not blindly buy them from the marketplace without a lot of pics which most sellers don't do i rarely trust their condition listings of very good as they think that a bleached nearly white case is still very good. With the DS i dare do it as for the most part they are cheap enough to take a risk but with cube stuff lol nope. So far genkivideogames has been impressing me with their stock, hell they even packaged them beautifully as i was worried the cube games would crush the gba stuff so they segmented the box with a solid piece of card to stop any chance of it happening. AAA grade service.

Comment

i dare not blindly buy them from the marketplace without a lot of pics which most sellers don't do i rarely trust their condition listings
            Yeah, that's the bad point of buying second hand stuff from Amazon. Ebay is better because sellers usually post a range of pics.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
              Yeah, that's the bad point of buying second hand stuff from Amazon. Ebay is better because sellers usually post a range of pics.
              I pretty much exclusively buy from Yahoo Japan now. Japanese sellers are for the most part honest and they'll post more pictures if asked. Plus YJ is cheaper than eBay.

Comment

Wow, I bought my PC Genjin on GC for £12. Amazing how much it goes for now.

Comment

You'll be surprised at how much a lot of cube games go for nowadays, the gamecube is a collection i'll never part with love everything about it, the console & the pad design, the tiny disks, the unusual design of the japanese cases but not the fragility lol. Plus lots of quirky peripherals & addons. Plus the games load pretty fast thanks to those tiny disks.

Comment

Anything RETRO? How about a C64 pin badge from my holiday in Izmir, Turkey.

Comment

Cool it looks like a little monitor with an x on it lol

link no work

Comment

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
                        Anything RETRO? How about a C64 pin badge from my holiday in Izmir, Turkey.

Image loaded slowly in my phone so I only saw the top part for a couple of seconds and thought you were posting a pic of a vacuum cleaner bag!

Comment

Cool it looks like a little monitor with an x on it lol

link no work
                          Works for Brad (well he gets an image of a hoover bag, but apart from that ) and me!

Comment

It's showing now but it wasnt when you first posted

Comment

Zesty gamecube turned up today, rolled on by customs with zero tax lol. The box looks like trash but the cube & the pad/gba player look pretty much mint and no yellowing too YAY. At £40 it was a steal, hooked it up to tv via component to see how bad it would look, while not hideous it was still Urgh, then i hooked it up to the framemeister, sweet jesus it looks beautiful. Even when i played it on my standard def tv all those years back when i first got a cube it never looked this good. Busted out the ereader and my card binder decided to use the gba player to play fzero falcon densetsu while my gba was relegated to ereader data transmitter, took me a while to figure it all out as it's been a while hehe.

That pad is supposed to be used, it looks and feels brand new

Mr Driller never looked so nice, well as good as he can do on my dieing plasma lol

Going to take a while to add all the ereader data to fzero but it will be fun to play the E stuff on it.

One driver unlocked a crapload to go
                              Last edited by importaku; 05-08-2019, 21:21.

Comment

lovely [MENTION=39]importaku[/MENTION]

Comment

Working...
                                X