Ghostbusters: Remastered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ghostbusters: Remastered

Ghostbusters: The Video Game Remastered has been announced.It's in development at Saber Interactive (World War Z, Quake…

For the 35th Anniversary the 2009 shooter from last gen is getting the remaster treatment. The gamer will launch on PS4, XBO, PC and NS later this year:

I hope they've fixed some of the camera movement, lip sync and iffy animations. I really enjoyed the game so I'm down for a quality remaster. And by that I don't mean a few higher resolution textures since the original still looks good on a 4K screen.

Comment

Still the best ghostbusters game that ever has been made so far.

Comment

Slight surprise here When I heard about this, I thought it was the co-op top-down 4-player one... Did that exist, or was that a dream?

Comment

I have never played this. So I’m happy it’s coming to Switch.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
            Still the best ghostbusters game that ever has been made so far.
            I still have a soft spot for both the Mega Drive and Game Boy games.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
              Slight surprise here When I heard about this, I thought it was the co-op top-down 4-player one... Did that exist, or was that a dream?
              Wasn’t there one like that on the wii? I remember there was more than one game, ps3 & 360 got one version and the wii got a different game with a more cartoony look.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                I still have a soft spot for both the Mega Drive and Game Boy games.

Personally, I prefer the NES version of “New” Ghostbusters II to the GB version.

Comment

Ghostbusters: The Video Game (Which is being remastered) was released on PS3/360/PC there was also a PS2/DS/Wii version of the same name but slightly different in style.

Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime came out on PS3/360/PC which was the 4 player top down shooter.

Comment

I remember playing the Speccy version a lot at a mate's place. The top-down 4 player one was an XBLA thing from what I remember, whereas this one was a disc thing? I remember there being some situation with the disc being region-locked too. My memories are suitably hazy but it's still very weird to me how this is now a ten year old game.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                      Oh, that existed and it was a steaming turd.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                        I have never played this. So I’m happy it’s coming to Switch.
                        Ditto.

Remember playing the demo but never got around to buying it during the last-gen backlog. Good to see it coming to modern platforms.
                        Last edited by Digfox; 31-05-2019, 13:42.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                          Wasn’t there one like that on the wii? I remember there was more than one game, ps3 & 360 got one version and the wii got a different game with a more cartoony look.
                          The Wii game was the same as the 360 story wise but just with different level design. It was still a 3D 3rd person prospective game. It was pretty good too.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                            I remember playing the Speccy version a lot at a mate's place. The top-down 4 player one was an XBLA thing from what I remember, whereas this one was a disc thing? I remember there being some situation with the disc being region-locked too. My memories are suitably hazy but it's still very weird to me how this is now a ten year old game.
                            Nah, the 360 version isn't region locked or at least not the US one. That's what I play on my Japanese system.

Comment

Tried Google to help out my failing memory, and found it mentioned on the BBC of all places!

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

So yeah - the disc was indeed region-free, which folks were using to get around the crappy EU publisher situation.

Comment

Working...
                              X