No announcement yet.

Neo Geo Classic Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like it’s finally been hacked… although I don’t have one to confirm if this works.

Comment

About damn time, hope this means blood can be put back into the slug games. It’s what put me off as white sweat instead of blood it just ruins it for me. Could get jp ver but it doesn’t have all the slug games.

Comment

Apparently SNK revealed at their Investors Conference that they are planning another console but one that isn't connected to the recent mini. They state it as a second and third version so presumably it's something like another attempt at the Neo Geo X

Comment

And now there’s Samurai Spirits themed ones…

They’re up for preorder on Play-Asia, £142.73 plus shipping.
          Last edited by _SD_; 10-05-2019, 17:18.

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
            And now there’s Samurai Spirits themed ones…

They’re up for preorder on Play-Asia, £142.73 plus shipping.
            You have to commend them for still supporting this, has there been any official sales figures? Do they believe they will sell?

These look cool and I'm sure some hardcore collectors will go for them but reminds me a bit of the Dreamcast towards the end loads of Special/Limited editions to please the fans.

Comment

SNK stated in the last report it's beyond expectation sales wise hence 2 new hardware skews on the horizon. pardon spelling shanted.

Comment

I like the look of the Haohmaru machine, but I still have no interest in buying one.

It's interesting to know that SNK say the sales have exceeded expectations. I'd like to see SNK have more success and deliver things I actually want to buy.

Comment

I reckon there’ll be a Metal Slug themed one and some King of Fighters character themed ones when 15 comes out. If people keep buying then they’re going to keep churning them out.

We’re already up to seven! variants:
                  Japanese
                  International
                  Xmas
                  A.C.E.
                  Haohmaru
                  Nakoruru
                  Ukyo Tachibana

I’m glad I decided to get back into Super Famicom and Megadrive collecting, otherwise I'd probably be wasting my money instead on an OCD collection of these…

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post

I'd probably be wasting my money instead on an OCD collection of these…
                    No-one is that crazy. But then again.... someone probably is.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                      No-one is that crazy. But then again.... someone probably is.
                      I’m sure there’s a few Big Tymers out there going for the full set…

Comment

who's buying these garbage mini systems lol

Comment

Comment

I got one of these for Christmas as I mentioned way back then. It's, ummm, never been out the box since. This week I decided to bring it in to the shop for any quiet times in between serving customers. Now, I can't use the wee in built stick but I have one of the pads, and although it's absolutely and utterly useless for fighting games, I've found it easy enough to complete the slugs etc. I see there is a wee pad adapter that will let me use my DS4 on it, so that in combination with hacking the other titles I'd like on to it, it could be a nice enough wee machine to use. Ok, the emulation isn't 100%, but the games actually do look brilliant on the system screen. Man, I'm much more accepting these days.

Comment

Question: if AM2 handled the emulation, and it was supplied with one full-sized AES stick (not the crappy CD one), how much would you be willing to pay for an AES Mini?

I’d say for me, around £120 or £150 if it included two sticks. So long as Garou and Slug 3 were on there as that’s all I’d play. Not suggesting the rest of the library isn’t worth playing, it’s just for me those two titles are among the best on any system. I’m talking SMW greatness.

Comment

If they could make a genuinely great one, I suppose I'd be in up to £200, but that would need pretty much the whole library and nice hardware and controllers. I'm a mug for SNK.

Comment

Working...
                                X