X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ that Goose Game

Comment

The 360 version of GTA San Andreas on XB1. Forgot it was BC, only a 2.8gb download, really enjoying it, maybe it's a bit of a chore at the start doing the tutorial-style early missions to open the game up but it's proper good, I'm liking the simpler style, it's still atmospheric and the cars are fun.

Comment

Plugging on with Link's Awakening and the next game in the line up at home will be Elea

Comment

I've been hooked back on Elite Dangerous big style, mega tuned up my Asp Explorer, headed up to Colonia, then onto Sagittarius A, a super black hole at the center of the galaxy. Over 25,000LY from Sol.

Comment

Sayonara Wild Hearts is currently free if you sign up to ios arcade its also out on switch and ps4, even though i have it for free I'm super tempted to pick up the switch or ps4 version so i can play it on the big screen. its not the deepest game-play wise but it is so stylish and it dose keep you on your toes with its rhythm action game-play, I've seen complaints about it being easy buts with all good rhythm action its not just about beating a level its about mastering it.

Last edited by Lebowski; 23-09-2019, 12:49.

Comment

30+ hours of ninokuni II and im really enjoying it currently on chapter 6 of the main story so far but been doing a lot of side quests. The game throws a lot at you with managing your own kingdom but it makes a nice diversion along with the rpg side of things. Plus it unlocks new stuff for you as you devote more time into expanding it but levelling up is a slow affair, i do like how the monsters levels are displayed but im at a point now where the next area i need to be at is full of monsters 20 levels above me so i need to grind as deep red coloured names means i'm dead meat if even one catches me. It's a neat visual system so you can quickly see which ones you can kick the crap out of safely.

Comment

I’ve been back into Divinity Original Sin II, playing splitscreen. It’s great - it’s more similar to actual D&D than any video game I’ve played. What really sets it apart is the brilliant couch coop for me. I think it’s almost unique in having this feature, and it’s so well executed.

I also played through Man of Medan - pretty good, a sort of Until Dawn lite, it didn’t feel as polished but I do enjoy these types of games - and put a couple of hours into the Modern Warfare open beta. It was pretty fun. I mean, it’s CoD. Nothing more, nothing less. But CoD is fun, and it’s a while since I’ve played one. The stages are a bit gloomy but then I suppose that’s warzones for you.

Comment

I almost, almost bought Zelda Link's Awakening but resisted because I want to finish Odyssey first. Alas, resistance is not always free:

Untitled Goose Game (Switch)

Not sure how I stumbled across it but I saw a video last week and bought it asap. My wife was playing it and I walked in on her honking incessantly at a straw hat. There are so many little touches that made us crack up.

Sayonara Wild Hearts (Switch)

The perfect antidote to the Goose Game. It's one of those 80's neon synth wave thingies and it's soooo trippy. The controls are a mixture of steering left/right, and QTEs. The QTEs are insanely cool because the music slows down and waits until you press the button if you miss the timing, but pressing it correctly maintains the tempo. The steering is smooth and you're in control, not toggling between lanes. One stage used both steering and QTE to great effect.

[MENTION=960]Lebowski[/MENTION] Haha, we've posted the same video! I will say that I had to stop playing it after about fifteen minutes because my retinas were fried. I think handheld mode would be best for an old codger like me!

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                    I've been hooked back on Elite Dangerous big style, mega tuned up my Asp Explorer, headed up to Colonia, then onto Sagittarius A, a super black hole at the center of the galaxy. Over 25,000LY from Sol.
                    I bought that and the season pass a fair while back and still haven't been on it. Does it take a while to get going?

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                      I bought that and the season pass a fair while back and still haven't been on it. Does it take a while to get going?
                      Yes it can do, it all depends what you want to do as well. Happy to help with questions!!

Comment

After Super Metroid I settled on playing its sequel, Metroid Fusion. I love some of the design, especially Samus’ suit. And the atmosphere is pretty good. Also they streamlined weapons so no faffing around with the select button, which is great. But right now, it feels like a far weaker game. The structure of just telling you where to go feels so at odds with what made Metroid great to begin with and makes the game feel so much more limited as a result (even in places where it isn’t). And the location really isn’t great. It’s a space station but has places that aren’t because they are habitats and, for me, it just struggles to sell that. You could look at old sci-fi games and probably apply the same criticism but there is no sense that this place serves any kind of purpose so the location just feels like generic sci-fi backdrops.

I have a memory of it getting better later so I’m going to keep going but it’s no Super Metroid.

Comment

Fusion never fully hooked me, either, both back in the day and fairly recently via the GB GC adapter thang. Zero Mission is supposed to be better but I've only ever had it via emu.

Currently on GTA San Andreas again, 360/XB1. Pulled a sickie and got all day to play this, can't stop singing the Eddie Murphy song "Party All The Time". It's ace!

Prior to booting it up, watched the Digital Foundry vid comparing the new version (based on the mobile version) and the original PS2 version. PS2 vers. has a lot more bloom and hazy light and Richie Leadbatter was laying a few punches into the new version but I think it's grrreat!

Tbh, I'm having more fun than I did with the original. And even though it's a lot cleaner looking, I like it, it's shinier, you can see things better, there's still haze and sunlight and though it's not as organic you still get loads of sunny atmos, it's a bit brighter and more Vice City now.

What really helps is the framerate, it feels solid and faster and the textures are WAY cleaner (the neatly-mowed golf course-quality grass!). It's a brill port, don't let the naysayers grind ya down, it's well good. Probably missing about half the music tracks, mind, but there ya go.

Comment

Forgot to say, my CJ is fat and has low stamina, can barely run for ten seconds.

Just spent $110 on fast food, leaving me skint. Sick of the green gang garb I'm currently wearing, thusly I am now attacking people on the street with a nightstick to earn at least $500 to buy some new clobber.

The clothes maketh the man.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                              Fusion never fully hooked me, either, both back in the day and fairly recently via the GB GC adapter thang. Zero Mission is supposed to be better but I've only ever had it via emu.
                              I remember really liking Zero Mission. If my Switch never comes back, I might play it after Fusion.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                                Forgot to say, my CJ is fat and has low stamina, can barely run for ten seconds.

Just spent $110 on fast food, leaving me skint. Sick of the green gang garb I'm currently wearing, thusly I am now attacking people on the street with a nightstick to earn at least $500 to buy some new clobber.

The clothes maketh the man.
                                lol I’m loving this diary of your play. Please continue.

Comment

Working...
                                X