Playstation 5: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
    To me any camera accessory is likely for legacy VR support, video calling and streaming (better integration).
    Yeah could be. Are you thinking the camera will be replaced with something better for VR tracking?

Comment

Yes, but it's just a guess.

Comment

Confirmed for release on Q4 2020, if my Google Translate skills aren't failing me.
        ソニー・インタラクティブエンタテインメントは、プレイステーション5を2020年の年末商戦期に発売することを発表した。

Comment

In English here: https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019...-holiday-2020/

Comment

Everything you need to know about the PlayStation 5, including latest news, specs, and the rumored release window.

"Sony revealed two major changes to the PlayStation controller that will be present in the PS5 controller that ships with the console.

One of these upgrades is the introduction of haptic feedback, which Sony describes thusly: "we’re adopting haptic feedback to replace the “rumble” technology found in controllers since the 5th generation of consoles. With haptics, you truly feel a broader range of feedback, so crashing into a wall in a race car feels much different than making a tackle on the football field. You can even get a sense for a variety of textures when running through fields of grass or plodding through mud."

The other major controller change will be "adaptive triggers, which have been incorporated into the trigger buttons (L2/R2)." As Sony explains, Developers can program the resistance of the triggers so that you feel the tactile sensation of drawing a bow and arrow or accelerating an off-road vehicle through rocky terrain."

These new controller features, in Sony's words, "can produce a powerful experience that better simulates various actions. Game creators have started to receive early versions of the new controller, and we can’t wait to see where their imagination goes with these new features at their disposal.""

Comment

The 'haptic feedback' is still going to be just rumble though, right?

Comment

There goes my theory of a march release.
                Trigger resistance is a good idea, I just hope they use it, unlike the DS4 speaker.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                  Yeah could be. Are you thinking the camera will be replaced with something better for VR tracking?
                  Or PS"Face"ID??

Comment

Bog standard Dual Shock 5 inbound it seems, wonder if they've dropped the pointless trackpad and finally taken the opportunity to rearrange the analogues?

Comment

I would assume the trackpad and light bar ain’t going nowhere as they both will have to stay for backward compatibility with PS4 titles and PSVR.

Comment

At this point, knowing a date, but not a price or launch games, who is thinking about getting one?

Comment

Unless either the price is crazy or the launch line up is arse, I'm in.

Comment

If it’s really fully backwards compatible it’s a day one for me

Comment

Nah. Will happily sit tight for mid cycle revision. Cheaper unit, more games out instead of the 'launch window' tech demos, devs familiar with the hardware and starting to push it. Backwards compatibility has never done anything for me as I buy 'next gen' for next gen. Really hope they do great things with VR with the PS5, though, and don't just let it slide, as that's something I'm quite keen to get into.

Comment

Now that the name is official, we've got more details about Sony's next-gen console—from the haptics-packed controller to UI improvements.

• Controller looks the same as DS4, but has a hole in it, which is probably a mic. has an improved speaker and bigger battery and uses USB Type-C connector to charge and play wired. Weighs a bit more than DS4, but still lighter than an Xbox pad with batteries in.
                                • Hardware capable Raytracing
                                • Reduced filesize for game installs thanks to SSD and not having to duplicate props. Options for selectively installing 'parts' of each game. So you don't need to install single player campaigns if all you want is multiplayer.
                                • PS5 games will come on a 100gb Bluray.
                                • The Bluray player is capable of playing 4k Blurays.
                                • Game data integrated into the PS5 UI. Browse for game lobbies, or select specific single player missions to start before booting up your game.
                                • Bluepoint confirmed to be working on a "big one" for PS5. Demon's Souls remake most likely.

Comment

Working...
                                X