No announcement yet.

GCD2: Games Chart Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hats off to Days Gone there, Anthem too I guess given it's pretty much dead now as a running concern. I take it this is purely physical sales as they're all very low, utterly embarrassing GTA5 still riding so high unless it's the strength of people going after cheap Shark Cards.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
      Hats off to Days Gone there, Anthem too I guess given it's pretty much dead now as a running concern. I take it this is purely physical sales as they're all very low, utterly embarrassing GTA5 still riding so high unless it's the strength of people going after cheap Shark Cards.
      That’s physical and estimates for digital sales.
      Original story here - https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...t-half-of-2019

Comment

How is GTA5 still being sold? Who doesn't own this game by now?

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
          How is GTA5 still being sold? Who doesn't own this game by now?
          I don’t.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
            I don’t.
            Lol. Well except for you?

Comment

It’s endurance is incredible. I guess the online component helped. And I’d imagine a lot of people that had it on previous gen systems have doubled dipped when they bought a PS4 or X1.

Comment

Look for that sales bump when Rockstar announced Grand Theft Auto V: ReSharked Edition for PS5 and XB4 in lieu of any new game at all late next year

Comment

It’s honestly hard not to resent the effect of online gaming when it’s likely why we don’t have GTA6.

Comment

It genuinely annoys me that GTA 5 still tops the charts. Lol.

It’s a great game. One I played through comprehensively about 5 years ago on PS3!

Comment

A few clues about Borderlands 3's launch numbers (although still shrouded in secrecy). UK Retail numbers are garbage for guessing how a game is doing but all there is atm.

Taken from ResetEra.

Also Randy Pitchford is tweeting that BL3 on PC was about twice the number of concurrent number of PC players than BL2 (c.125,000).

I would imagine that we'll either hear about more solid numbers this week if 2K has something to boast about, or not too much if the game does the same or less than BL2's numbers.

BL2 sold 22M across all it's different releases but I would imagine the majority were on consoles. Therefore I'd hazard a guess that BL3 is trending similarly to BL2 numbers. Probably not much lower. Or at the very least is doing better on PC this time, which will increase revenue if not volume sold.
                      Last edited by Digfox; 16-09-2019, 09:03.

Comment

BL3 doing very well in its first 5 days...

Comment

Taken from Resetera, where a helpful poster outlined EA's Q2 Financial call; EA: We are doubling down on live services and core franchises

“The strong results this quarter illustrate the power of our live services and our core franchises. Strength in Ultimate Team, The Sims 4 and FIFA Online drove live services performance above our expectations,” said COO and CFO Blake Jorgensen.

“Looking ahead, we are doubling down on live services combined with our core franchises. We’re investing in games that people play for longer and engage with much more deeply. This focus will continue to drive growth and profitability for the company through the remainder of this year and beyond.”
                          Where's the throwing up smiley?

EA clearly earning more money through microtransactions and recurrent spending. Also given most of their games adopt a freemium f2p business model and they are moving towards services, the move back to Steam makes sense. It's simply more important to expose your games to massive audiences than worry about margins.

In other EA news, they also confirmed no new Battlefield until FY 2022. This probably suggests BattleField 6 in 2021 and then BattleFront 3 in 2022 to tie in with whatever Disney's next Star Wars films look like (is currently scheduled for 2022).

Comment

I'm sure they'll do very well with that strategy... like Ubisoft is...

Playstation 4 has now become the second highest selling console of all time by a pip.

Playstation 4 - 102.8m units
                            Xbox One - 42.8m units
                            Switch - 36.87m units

Comment

Switch figures updated and without more from backtracking from MS they slip into third very soon:

Playstation 4 - 102.8m units
                              Xbox One - 42.8m units
                              Switch - 41.67m units

Comment

In the UK Just Dance 2020 sold 55% of its units on Switch... the second highest selling format was Wii.

Comment

Working...
                                X