This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

I can't fact check this, but during his entire Presidency, Barack Obama sent out 352 tweets.

Guess how many Trump is now at...

Comment

I read somewhere that close advisers are saying he's almost completely lost it. All the people he is surrounded by are yes men.

Comment

"if someone comes into my home to burgle me, their getting shot, plain and simple".

It's like human life is worth nothing. Self above all else is the American dream now. I couldn't shoot someone burgling my stuff if I had a gun

Comment

Trump: "I looked forward to going but I thought the prime minister's statement that it was 'absurd,' that it was an absurd idea, was nasty," he told reporters as lef the White House for a trip to Kentucky. "I thought it was an inappropriate statement. All she had to do was say, 'No, we're not interested.'"

He said the prime minister spoke "in a very sarcastic, nasty way."

Ms Frederiksen had said: “Greenland is not for sale. Greenland is not Danish. Greenland belongs to Greenland. I strongly hope that this is not meant seriously.”

Comment

The Trump administration filed a brief with the Supreme Court on Friday arguing that employers should be allowed to discriminate against, or even fire, their lesbian, gay and bisexual employees simply due to their sexual orientation.

The Trump office have filed to the Supreme Court to change the law so that employers can fire or discriminate against employees based on their sexual orientation - their argument being that

Comment

I enjoyed how your post ended. Seemed apt

Comment

Totally missed it
                  Apparently the argument is that it's not discriminating against them because non-straight men and women would be discriminated against equally. That in of itself is staggeringly wrong and stupid on so many levels that the human brain just can't process it anymore.

Comment

America, land of the free (*)

(*) conditions apply

Comment

Someone is trying to persuade me that UK violent crime rates are much higher than the USA. Is there any truth to this?

Comment

No https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/16/murde...ities-9971033/
                        Donald Trump has sought to defend the use of guns stateside by shining a light on knife crime in London. But is the UK really any worse than the US?

Why The United Kingdom IS NOT More Violent Than The United States
                        Last edited by MartyG; 25-08-2019, 05:58.

Comment

Saw this today and was pretty stunned by the whole damn thing.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                            Saw this today and was pretty stunned by the whole damn thing.

Crikey! And I thought my Russian tourist visa application was annoying. They wanted ten years' worth of trips but I just listed the trips in my current passport which is a few years old. The form was five pages for me, but only two for my J-wife.

Comment

Yeah, I'm an Orange Goblin fan and saw that too. It's not that they've particularly been singled out, it's that it's generally becoming harder for bands to get these visas, as there's been some kind of policy change under the recent administration that routinely throws up last minute red tape.

I genuinely can't think what the reasoning is behind these new Draconian policies.

Comment

Trump said and then denied he said that they should Nuke Hurricanes.

Comment

Working...
                                X