Grandia HD Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grandia HD Collection

Announced for Nintendo Switch and PC, it's just a simple confirmation for now but the collection will be receiving a full reveal at this years E3. UI assets and visuals have been improved on both Grandia and Grandia II whilst PC gamers will also have the option to purchase the two games seperately.

Can't wait. Hoping it's based around Saturn and Dreamcast spruce codes

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
      Can't wait. Hoping it's based around Saturn and Dreamcast spruce codes
      I see them porting the much inferior PlayStation port than the superior Saturn version for two reasons. One, its easier to port PlayStation games and two, the PlayStation version was available in English.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
        I see them porting the much inferior PlayStation port than the superior Saturn version for two reasons. One, its easier to port PlayStation games and two, the PlayStation version was available in English.
        Me too, sadly..

Comment

Hopefully the efforts to translate the Saturn version into English are successful and I won’t have to shell out for a Switch.

Comment

Grandia 1 HD based on the PS code confirmed. Along with Panzer Dragoon crap remake another letdown.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
              Grandia 1 HD based on the PS code confirmed. Along with Panzer Dragoon crap remake another letdown.
              Does it matter? From what I see online, the Saturn version was technically superior - but was it better in a way that would be different in an HD re-release?

Comment

I wonder why they do not release the other grandia games in the series, along with the first and second games?

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                  Does it matter? From what I see online, the Saturn version was technically superior - but was it better in a way that would be different in an HD re-release?
                  Yeah, it does. It be like SONY using the Saturn source code for HD version Wipeout 2097.

Comment

No it isn't. Grandia on PS1 is still outstanding. The deficiencies do not impact the core experience. Saturn would have been preferably, but also it doesn't mean the port won't be excellent.

Wipeout games ARE inferior to play along with every other aspect on Saturn.

Comment

Sorry, don't agree. It also be like Capcom using RE 4 on the PS2 as the source code for HD remasters. Grandia on the PS and PS2 are totally inferior to the Saturn and DC versions.

Comment

Which are also superficial differences. The gameplay is identical, which is the most important part.

Comment

When looking for a HD remasters, I'll want it to be based around the best version of the original game myself.

Comment

PS vs Saturn? No need to worry they are aiming for the remaster to be the definitive version.

Update: GungHo has sent the following statement regarding the PlayStation/Saturn base.

"We want to be clear, the GRANDIA HD Collection are not ports of the original PlayStation games, they are remasters. We are using the original PlayStation code of GRANDIA, but working with the Sega Saturn version to craft the definitive version of this beloved RPG."

After we asked if GungHo could offer more clarification, GungHo replied:

The team is primarily using the Saturn version as a reference point, working to match details and effects from that version of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                              PS vs Saturn? No need to worry they are aiming for the remaster to be the definitive version.
                              Bad feedback already feeding through?.
                              When you're doing an HD version, one should base it on the best version of the source game. I'm a SEGA man, but if Konami did a remaster of Turtles Tournament Fighters I want it based around the Snes code, not the inferior Mega Drive version

Comment

Working...
                              X