Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boardgames, Card Games and RPG Adventures (Board Games)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a similar deck-building game called Marvel Legendary, but they are very different to play.

The Legendary series are well respected and have a bunch of licences like Marvel, Alien, Predator, Buffy, X-Files, Firefly and Big Trouble in Little China.

At Gen Con, they've announced a James Bond Legendary game!

Comment

[MENTION=10111]QualityChimp[/MENTION]: I liked your explanation of Deck Box Dungeon, so ordered a deck. The only things I had to ask were, when you hit or are hit, the entity being hit loses 1 energy point or is it like, your defense roll (plus character bonuses etc) minus their hit roll (plus their attack bonuses etc)? i.e. you can lose more than 1 energy point.
      Also, can the app do the dice rolls and keep track of the energy points etc?
      Last edited by gunrock; 19-08-2019, 07:42.

Comment

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
        @QualityChimp: I liked your explanation of Deck Box Dungeon, so ordered a deck.
        Ah great! It's a neat little Dungeon Crawler!

when you hit or are hit, the entity being hit loses 1 energy point or is it like, your defense roll (plus character bonuses etc) minus their hit roll (plus their attack bonuses etc)?
        So, you're trying to get 6.
        It's your dice roll + weapon bonus.
        If that's 6, it's a hit and you get one energy point.
        Then they have to defend - they have to get 6 using their dice roll + defense stat.

It's tough when you're outnumbered.

My advice is to take your time and make sure you note all your energy gains because it's easy to forget in the rush to resolve if you hit them.
        Those energy points mean you can use your special powers and can turn the tide of a battle!

Also, can the app do the dice rolls and keep track of the energy points etc?
        No, the app doesn't do dice rolls, there's quite a few to keep track of.
        No, it doesn't keep track of the energy points, but I felt the slidey cards idea was quite elegant.
        Ultimately, I think they wanted to make a board game that was app-assisted, rather than a game app.
        You can print off the adventures, so you can play the game without the app, but it's a neat way of telling you what dungeon tiles to play and what dangers are in each room.

Comment

Thanks, man. I'll look forward to giving it a go through with the kids. It's a leap forward in complexity compared to anything we've ever played, but hopefully it will be a good one.

Comment

Bang! was our most played game on holiday. Really good fun ... and who doesn't love a bit of cowboy-style rootin' tootin' shootin'?? Brilliant.

Not sure it'll compete with Fortnite now we're back home though :-/

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
              Bang! was our most played game on holiday. Really good fun ... and who doesn't love a bit of cowboy-style rootin' tootin' shootin'?? Brilliant.

Not sure it'll compete with Fortnite now we're back home though :-/
              Bang is great fun! We have a few hidden identity games already (Ultimate One Night Werewolf, The Resistance), but I'm still tempted by this as it was great fun when we played it.

Yeah, Fortnite is the video crack the kids crave, sadly.

Numbers dropped from 7 to 4 yesterday for lunchtime gaming, so played a round of Ticket To Ride: New York, which is the TTR experience distilled down to a 20 minute blast.

Comment

One of the guys from Eurogamer has set up a Board/card/tabletop RPG YouTube channel.

Details here ...

Update: Good news - the Dicebreaker website is now live. We hope you enjoy, and thank you for all your support and feed…

Comment

There's a new game from Five24 Labs, the makers of Mint Works, called Mint Cooperative.

"Mint Cooperative puts you and your fellow superheroes to work delivering the citizens of Mintopia from the threat of periodontal peril!"

I've backed it without hesitation on the strength of Mint Works.
                  You can also pick up the reprints of Mint Works and Mint Delivery.
                  Works is something I'd recommend to anyone with a passing interest in board and card games.

Comment

Played Munchkin for the first time this week.
                    It's a Peter Jackson game and it's pretty silly, but a lot of fun!

Basic premise is that you work your way through a dungeon levelling up.
                    You can take on tougher (and sillier) enemies the higher level you are.
                    You enter a room and either get a curse or fight an enemy.
                    Beating the enemy or looting the room gets you new treasure cards.
                    Adding the cards to your deck makes you tougher.

First one to beat a boss in the tenth dungeon wins.

I'm really glad nobody was next to us in the pub as we played:
                    "You're cursed, and a woman, so have to take your leather armour off!"
                    "I'm attacking an undead horse but it's tougher than me, so I'll use the "Party shoes", "duck of doom" and "Peanut butter and orc guts spreader" to boost my Elf."

Last edited by QualityChimp; 13-09-2019, 08:06. Reason: Added pic.

Comment

When talking card games, do you mean like ice hockey or curling?

Comment

Is that not "Wildcard" rather than just "card"?

Comment

Bringing board games and computer games together again we have Ni No Kuni 2

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                            When talking card games, do you mean like ice hockey or curling?
                            Whey ...

Comment

The Isofarian Guard
                              A 1-2 player narrative driven boardgame featuring a fully voice acted storyline and musical score powered by Forteller!

Comment

I've been after a slightly advanced version of Mint Works and was recommended New Bedford by Boardgamegeek.
                                Got the base game and expansion that allows for 5 players. Just need to learn the rules, but it sounds like a great worker placement game. You play some pioneers in the titular town, constructing new buildings and going whaling to earn money.

Also through this week was a game I'd ordered weeks ago when it was on sale on Amazon for £9 called Flash Point, which is s 6-player co-operative fire fighting game. That's two more games I have to learn the rules for!

At lunch time, I dug out Rhino Hero, which is always a blast to play!
                                It's like a card version of Jenga, but with special cards to make opponents pick up cards, miss a go or move the Rhino Hero meeple.

Comment

Working...
                                X