No announcement yet.

Disney Animation: Live Action Adaptations Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before it opened in May, Guy Ritchie’s live-action “Aladdin” remake for Disney was looking like it was going to be one of the Mouse House’s few flops. Instead, it was Tim Burton’s “Dumbo” that bombed while “Aladdin” drew decent reviews and has made over a billion at the box-office. That makes “Aladdin” the second highest-grossing […]

Having made $$$ the makers of Aladdin are considering making an Aladdin II
    The film would be an interesting prospect given that as yet, for all Disney's success with these films, they haven't actually managed to make a successful sequel to one as of yet.

Comment

Walt Disney Pictures has changed up their film release schedule, setting new dates for three of their inherited Fox titles and one of their own live-action adaptations of a classic cartoon. First there is Joe Wright’s “The Woman in the Window” starring Amy Adams as a New York City recluse who witnesses a shocking crime. […]

Cruella has been delayed till 21 May 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
        Having made $$$ the makers of Aladdin are considering making an Aladdin II
        The film would be an interesting prospect given that as yet, for all Disney's success with these films, they haven't actually managed to make a successful sequel to one as of yet.
        What are you talking about? Aladdin IV was great!

Comment

Last week came the news that Liu Yifei, the Chinese-American actress who plays the title role in Disney’s live-action remake of their 1988 animated hit “Mulan,” caused controversy with some of her postings on the Chinese social media site Weibo. Liu posted comments supposedly supporting the Hong Kong Police Force who have been accused of […]

One tweet from Mulan's lead star has now marched the film down a path of being hijacked as a political weapon for the Chinese State Government

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
            http://www.darkhorizons.com/mulan-re...ical-football/

One tweet from Mulan's lead star has now marched the film down a path of being hijacked as a political weapon for the Chinese State Government
            To be fair, if Disney want to make a big-budget media property out of a story close to a culture that isn't their own, they need to be prepared for everything that can come from it.

They'll do the typical corporate thing soon of saying "the movie isn't meant to be political"; as if making a huge movie about a feminist icon who defended China from a barbarian incursion could ever not be a political statement.

Comment

Trailer for Lady and the Tramp

Comment

This one actually looks pretty charming to me... until they talk. Maybe it’s just personal preference but I feel I would buy the movie a lot easier if they just dubbed over the dogs and didn’t lip sync them. Also the time period and rich people setting is a potential minefield but maybe that’s integral to the whole Lady and Tramp theme (honestly, I barely remember the original movie except for the animation of the various dogs which was absolutely superb). Anyway, this one doesn’t look terrible.

Comment

Announced as the new reveal Disney Classic

Comment

Edit: Wrong thread

Comment

First image released of Emma Stone in the prequel Cruella

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                        Maybe it’s just personal preference but I feel I would buy the movie a lot easier if they just dubbed over the dogs and didn’t lip sync them.
                        If they did that it would defeat the objective, surely?

It wouldn’t be Lady & The Tramp if they did that. It would be Homeward Bound III.

Anyhoo, I’m assuming that they’ll make a live-action Oliver & Company if this is successful enough?

Comment

I guess if the objective is merely to lip sync realistic dogs, then sure.

Comment

Considering that the dogs spoke in the original animation, why wouldn’t you expect them to do the same in a live action remake of the same story?

As I alluded to, Disney’s two Homeward Bound movies dubs voice actors over the dogs. It looks rubbish.
                            Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 26-08-2019, 11:29.

Comment

Because they were cartoons in the original.

Comment

So what? Disney are clearly going for precise remakes here, albeit in live-action.

This is literally the point.

Comment

Working...
                                X