Final Fantasy VIII: Remaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final Fantasy VIII: Remaster

Hard one this as it's all twitter but several sources who have a good track record for E3 leaks are reporting SquareEnix is about to announce FF8 is going to be remade
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 11-06-2019, 08:18.

Well you figure at the current rate they may have FF7 concluded for 2030, and so yeah a 2040 FVIII release could be doable?

Ah, it's just a remaster. Boo!

Comment

I read the title and almost lost my ****! I'll still take a remaster though. Very excited.

Comment

I’m about halfway through a very slow replay. It’s nowhere near as good as I remember. It has a great soundtrack but that’s about the most positive thing I can say about it.

Comment

Hell yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
            I’m about halfway through a very slow replay. It’s nowhere near as good as I remember. It has a great soundtrack but that’s about the most positive thing I can say about it.
            It's a definite marmite game. I understand all the criticism, but I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
              It's a definite marmite game. I understand all the criticism, but I love it.
              That’s kind of the problem - until this replay I also would have said that I love it. I’m finding it doesn’t match my memory.

Comment

The most overrated game of all time, but WOW if graphics can sell a game, then the gfx in this remake done just that. One of the most amazing looking games ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                  The most overrated game of all time, but WOW if graphics can sell a game, then the gfx in this remake done just that. One of the most amazing looking games ever.
                  I’d like to agree with you but it sounds like you’re talking about 7, VIII is 8!

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                    I’d like to agree with you but it sounds like you’re talking about 7, VIII is 8!
                    I really liked FF8 and FF9. FF 8 was my favourite with the series on the PS

Comment

In that case I totally agree. One of the best looking games on the platform and of that generation IMO. Big visual upgrade on 7 too. Really want to give it another play now I’ve got my PSIO sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                        In that case I totally agree. One of the best looking games on the platform and of that generation IMO. Big visual upgrade on 7 too. Really want to give it another play now I’ve got my PSIO sorted.
                        I still have the Special Edtion version of FF8. I loved it; much better story, more interesting world, characters and some stunning CGI and in-game graphics. A real showcase for the system and Square talent at the time

Comment

To get the most from this game you should follow the Non-leveling guide. It means you don't need to do endless drawing magic. I got midway through on an emulator doing at and it felt like a better way to play. I'll do it properly on this remaster.

Comment

EDIT: Wrong thread
                            Last edited by QualityChimp; 11-06-2019, 14:25. Reason: Wrong thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                              To get the most from this game you should follow the Non-leveling guide. It means you don't need to do endless drawing magic. I got midway through on an emulator doing at and it felt like a better way to play. I'll do it properly on this remaster.
                              Is that where you run away from every battle?!

I played 8 on the PC and lost interest at the T-Rex fight right at the start, but rinsed 7.

Comment

Working...
                              X