Playstation 5: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
    I personally HATE having exclusives for the PS4 that aren't available on every device including my toaster, HATE IT. Its outrageous that Sony have spent 100m's of dollars making games like God of War and i cannot buy it for $5 in the steam sale.

I am going to protest this fact by quitting social media, i'm making a stand against this oppressive tyranny.
    I didn't say anything about hating exclusives.

Comment

On August 20, website LetsGoDigital posted news of a design patent it discovered for an unknown device by Sony Interactive Entertainment. The device is designed by Yusuhiro Ootori, an engineer for …

Supposedly a Codemaster developer has confirmed the 'v' shaped patent drawings are the actual dev kits for PS5.

Comment

I like it. Reminds me of the cooky looks of the PC Engine Shuttle and a dehumidifier.

Comment

Ok if thats the case we can perhaps dissect this a bit and see if we can get anything to help with the designs for the PS5.

First, if we look at the front drawing there is a long slit, this is likely a Disk drive and this then gives us an Idea of the dimensions and size of the kit.
          The 5 circles above look like lights, but I can't be sure.
          The 5 small squares on the right probably USB's, with a 6th highlighted port next to them. This could be a powered USB or maybe a bespoke port of some kind.
          on the back there is the power in port and what looks like a power switch next to it.
          on the lift there is a circular port with two square ports underneath. I think the square ports are HDMI outs. I'm not sure about the circular port. Right in the middle on the back is a square which looks like another 2 ports, maybe more HDMIs used for PSVR directly?
          Then there are a lot of air intakes so this thing must need some serious ventilation.

My guess from this is that the PS5 will have 5 USB ports and at least 3 maybe 4 HDMI ports.

Comment

I predict a plain black box, probably a blue hued LED light somewhere on it. At this point MS and Sony probably have a Hardware Aesthetic Random Generator programme that spits out dull box designs for them to use.

Presumably the logo font won't change much either, later PS3 era through Vita and PS4 have been fairly consistent. Also I'm expecting it will be called Playstation 5 rather than Playstation V - the latter raises too much room for Vita confusion and reminders of failed hardware projects with constant PSV references.

Comment

i've always wanted one that will look like a standard bluray player and can sit nice an neat in my rack below my TV so i can safely hide it from the other half.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                Apparently this is the design of the dev kit. I don't believe it for a second. I thought dev kits tend to be the guts of the console shoved in a PC base unit.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2019/...gedly_surfaces
                They vary enormously; admittedly though Sony dev kits do tend to be quite weird and wonderful.

Though bear in mind that there are usually several classes of kit (dev, test, sometimes more) and they can vary throughout a console's life.

Comment

Aesthetics has never really come in to console design has it ? Other than the N64 I can’t think of a pleasing design ?

Comment

I love the GameCube design...

Comment

The VMU is the baby I made with my Dreamcast

Comment

Originally posted by Junko View Post
                        Aesthetics has never really come in to console design has it ? Other than the N64 I can’t think of a pleasing design ?
                        Probably not for dev kits, but defo for consoles.

Comment

Originally posted by Junko View Post
                          Harsh that, given various corps spend millions on how their consoles lool. I myself loved the look of the Wondermega, Neo Geo AES, PC Engine and Multi Mega looked
                          Last edited by Team Andromeda; 22-08-2019, 16:07.

Comment

Aesthetics has never come into console design? Harsh words

Comment

3D render of Dev Kit...

Comment

Sweet baby Jesus that is an abomination!!

Comment

Working...
                                X