Your ControlStyle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your ControlStyle

We're into the endgame now for the current generation and across every format there has been a massive number of coloured, styled, iterations and even custom controller editions launched by a range of makers.

Microsoft even allows you to design your own colour and is about to launch a £160 controller.

As we enter the final embers of the current gen, out of the sea of variants out there which ones do you currently own and use from this mountain of choice?

Stock.
    Cheapest.
    With a voucher.
    In a sale.
    Possibly second hand, although I got stung buying a "working" pad off Facebook Marketplace.

Comment

Quite boring here, fairly happy with the bog standard official controllers.

I have four Dualshock 4's: Black (came with PS4 Pro), White (£30 in black Friday sales) and just picked up a Wave Blue (£35 in E3 sale). All V2 with the light bar strip on the trackpad. I still have an original Blue controller from the PS4 launch and am about to replace the battery in it.

Three Xbox One controllers: an original Black from my 2014 OG Xbox, a Black updated one from the Xbox One X and a recent Blue Wireless (£43).

Then some KontrolFreek extender things on some of them which I've had for years but quite like the feel of. I fancy the new Elite Controller but I don't want to spend £160 on one. Lots of the special edition colours I like such as the Sunset Orange DS4 (reminds me of the Bears) but there are only so many controllers you need.
      Last edited by Digfox; 14-06-2019, 10:39.

Comment

I do actually want a new Xbox One pad, and some of them are quite pretty, but they're so pricey!

This one's nice, but fifty quid?!
        Are there any about £20?

Also my 360 stopped receiving the signal from wireless pads, so had to buy a wired one from CEX.
        Holy smokes, this thing scorched my retinas!

Comment

I generally like stock, official controllers. I've tried alternatives and in my experience they ain't as good.

Got a couple of official DS4s I rotate, and a couple of TE PS4 Arcade Sticks (TE2 and TES+).

With Switch I've got a couple of Pro Controllers ...

And with the Xbox One I use a (JoinThe#)Elite controller. This is purely a build quality choice as the std one is one of the least durable I've ever known.

Comment

I’ve got five black DS4’s. The V1 that came with my PS4, and the V2 that came with my Pro are still unused. I use a V2 with my PS4, and I’ve got two V2’s for my Pro that live in the official PlayStation DualShock 4 Charging Station. Every one of them is housed in an EGP silicone case.

I’ve also got a Steel Black V2, that I bought for Remote Play when I bought my MackBook Pro, but has seen about five minutes usage thus far.

For Xbox One X, I have the supplied controller still unused in the box in an EGP silicone case. I use a black Elite Controller for playing, again housed in an EGP silicone case. I’ll buy the new version in November.

For Switch I use a black Pro Controller. You guessed it, housed in an EGP silicone case.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I have the DS4 which came with my Pro.

I was bought a Switch Pro Controller as a gift last year.

That's it.

Comment

[MENTION=2732]J0e Musashi[/MENTION] and all his sheathed controllers.

Are they ribbed for her pleasure?

I was thinking these look pretty sweet:

Then realised I don't think I have any games that work without the analogue sticks!

Comment

For Switch I exclusively use a standard Pro Controller, none of that joycon rubbish for me

For the PC I mulled an Elite Controller but QA issues dogged it too much for a controller that cost more than 2 standard ones combined. The Elite v2 looks okay, a small revision but bumping it up to £160 is a stone cold sale killer. Hence I use this sexy mutha:

Comment

I think I might be the only person here who uses the Joycons in the plastic frame as their primary Switch controller. I don't even own a Pro controller.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                      @J0e Musashi and all his sheathed controllers.

Are they ribbed for her pleasure?

I was thinking these look pretty sweet:

Then realised I don't think I have any games that work without the analogue sticks!
                      They are ribbed! I find them way more comfy than stock.

HORI controllers allow you to switch the function of the d-pad. It’s not particularly useful though as not many games use just one analog stick nowadays.
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I just have one of those big red button controllers Microsoft makes. I use it on every game and just mash it with my tongue.

Comment

Standard for me, which is mainly because I do 95% of my gaming now on my Vita and it's built in!

When I use my PSTV I use a white V1 DS4, when I use my bedroom PS4 I use a blue V2 as it matches the blue days of play console and on the Pro I use the grey anniversary DS4 from a few years back. I still have an unused white V2, two blue days of play V2's and a couple of black V1's that are just in a drawer.
                          I don't use anything on the One, as I never use it!

Comment

These days, the vast majority of games I play on PS4 and Switch are indie games/shmups/retro and so I use a Hori Fighting Commander a lot of the time. I have a Brook adapter so I can use my PS4 controllers with the Switch.

Comment

Working...
                            X