Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll have to soft mod the bast. My mate's got about ten Wiis, he'll probably do us one for a tenner to experiment on.

Comment

Yeah, I’m not the modding/yarring type at all because it interferes with my inflated needless self-righteousness but, in this case, it does seem like something like this would be the best way to play.

Comment

Not to worry...found them...this dumbarse forgot to click on "SD Card Menu".....DOOOOOOOOH!

Also forgot that PCE Gradius 3 and N64 Paper Mario are on there...along with WiiWare Alien Crush Returns and Reel Fishing Challenge 2.

Bada bing.

Comment

Gradius 2 Gofer, I meant. Vulcan Venture. How stunned I am to have the arcade vers officially on my Xbone and the PCE version officially on my Wii. Not that I care about officialness...I use ROMs, too...it's more that they did the deed and officially made them officially worth release.

It's such a cool game. Both versions are amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
            Finally made it back from the week long expedition to the center of the galaxy. Here is a load of shots of my trip and also some from the build up. Before and after of my souped up explorer ship, looking a bit tatty after that long distance.

Early on, but rare asteroid base on the route upto Colonia

Some alien ruins where I picked up some tech to boost my jump range

Another base on route via Colonia, which is then a 10,000 ly route to the center with no bases (apart from one)

As you get closer to the center, the stars get more and more compact.

Finally the giant black hole at the center

Some weird stuff in deep space, and ship starting to wear.

You back on the One X Van ?

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
              You back on the One X Van ?
              Yeah!

Comment

Been playing the Surge 2; way better than the first with amazing atmosphere and depth

Comment

I have moved on to Metroid Samus Returns on the 3DS. Given that I am now three games into some sort of Metroid binge, I should really make a retrospective thread in the retro forum.

Comment

Grindstone. Lots and lots of Grindstone.

Comment

I've been packing my games and consoles away for decorating, but I've been doing a bit of tinkering on the DC over the previous week.

Still love Shenmue - always was a big fan. I can appreciate it's not for everyone, but I love to just soak in the atmosphere and enjoy the detail. Even to this day, I still find things that surprise me. I love the downmarket setting with the miserable-looking bars (like the one pictured). Since I know the story progression like the back of my hand, I'm just taking my time to look around and play with all the in-game stuff - buy all the cassettes, win as many capsule toys as possible, go round bothering people on the street. I like the Yakuza series for a similar reason - a game where you can fire it up for a few hours and just go enjoy the world, only moving the story on when you feel like it.

Comment

Shenmue is such an atmospheric game. I love spending time in that world. Very few games have such a strong sense of place.

Comment

Shenmue is all about the atmos. I think people sometimes confuse it with a GTA game. It's not meant to be that. It's meant to be considered, atmospheric, maybe a little boring...but it somehow touches the soul. I adore it but obviously it's a game one has to be in the right frame of mind to enjoy.

Anyhoo. I'm playing the REmake remake on 360 for the first time in about five years. I've been playing it all day as Jill on easy mode using the new controls. Just got to the "crank" bit where you lower the water. You know exactly where I mean. When you first proper leave the mansion.

This is the first time I've got this far since completing the GC version back in 2002. I really really liked it back then but I was doing loadsa clubbing at the time and think I clocked it just the once. Kept it, though. Still have it...still in ace nick.

Back on tangent, on revisiting it I feel it's absolutely timeless, better than that. I'm enjoying it far more now than I did then, so much to appreciate, it's absolute pure authentic survival horror gameplay, the ultimate reboot, CLASSY CLASSY CLASSY. Pure pleasure.

I'm thinking this is the best-looking videogame EVER made. The artistry, art direction, chemistry displayed on this...and a 2002 game no less...really is a wonder to behold. Literally EVERYTHING you see looks beautiful. Albeit usually in a horrific way. Drop dead luscious.

Miffed I didn't bring the serum quickly enough to Richard (he died) cos I Googled it and seem to have missed out on a combat shotty with 10-round mag. Really upset me tbh! Trying not to think about it, gonna have to do a second playthrough to feel the POWAAAH.
                          Last edited by JazzFunk; 01-10-2019, 02:04.

Comment

360 getting a LOT of love last few days. Now on Alpha Protocol. Looked to see if there were any free downloads for DLC or stuff or garb or owt and it seems it's a game that's been wiped off the face of the earth, gameswise. Delisted totally, can't find it at all (despite it coming up predictively when typing the search).

Seems like a cooooool game, so far, I'm playing as a suave talker who kicks open doors. Get it in the wild for a quid but realise it ain't BC at all on Xbone, 360 all the way!

Comment

That's funny as I glanced at the Alpha Protocol case yesterday and thought "I bought that when a load of bods on here said I'd like it."

I should probably check it out.

Comment

I thought *exactly* the same thing...when I bought it for a fiver a year or so after it got released and I'd heard mumbled ravings about it on here. And then I tried it once, popped it on the gaming stack and never got around to playing it again. As per yooshzh.

Actually, though, seems fun! Graphics look like a very sharp PS2 game with heavily contrasted lighting but I love the dated, clean look and it's all kind of slick in a janky way. Only prob is I've got two other games proper on the go at the mo (not counting GTA:SA, it's a dipper), Spidey Web of Shadows and REmake. I think I'll blast through REmake today and keep dipping in n out of Spidey, it's a simplistic open-worlder that doesn't really need much concentration to go back to.

I will report back. I like Obsidian games. I'm also gonna go back to New Vegas on PS3. I need some more Fallout.

Comment

Working...
                                X