Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paladins is basically a semi decent Overwatch clone already on Switch right now but Overwatch is the better game all round. The characters are better and in general it's just got good balance and I guess that's what counts.

Fortnite... I've just never go on with the building elements of fortnite. To me it's always felt janky and I'd prefer a game of battle royale without it. Honestly if Apex Legends also makes the jump to switch I'd be chuffed but that's EA and they're being absolute crap where Switch is concerned.

Comment

I’ve been trying out the SNES selection and there are some great games in there. Most of the big names I have played enough times that I’m unlikely to play through them again but maybe I’ll finally complete Super Metroid... or maybe not. So the interesting ones for me are the ones I haven’t played through. A couple are already on the SNES Mini, like that Kirby Dream Course one always seems fun. Of the ones not on the Mini, Stunt Racer FX seems like a real achievement for its day but I can’t imagine I’ll play it. Breath of Fire is definitely one I’d love to play through. I know Demon’s Crest is supposed to be really good - it looks lovely but I didn’t even make it past the opening. The surprise hit? Super Tennis. I’m not a big tennis fan but this seems like a lot of fun.

A whole bunch of really strong games in here. My issue is really the same as always - I simply don’t have the time to play through all of them. I’d love to just get a big block of time and work my way through a load of these.

Oh, the CRT filter is nasty and hurts my eyes but the default option is good enough for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
        Super Tennis. I’m not a big tennis fan but this seems like a lot of fun.
        I'm honestly still very surprised that Super Tennis and Soccer didn't make it onto the SNES Mini, when you consider that Nintendo sold it with 2 pads.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
          I'm honestly still very surprised that Super Tennis and Soccer didn't make it onto the SNES Mini, when you consider that Nintendo sold it with 2 pads.
          Super Soccer is on the Super Famicom Classic Mini, under its OG JPN name Super Formation Soccer. But it really isn’t very good so it isn’t a miss on the western SNES minis.

Super Tennis definitely should’ve been on the Mini though, as well as Pilotwings and ActRaiser. Those three titles were prominent in the first wave of SNES software in the west.
          Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 06-09-2019, 19:39.

Comment

Nintendo have filed a patent for a Joy-Con with a flexible hinge.

Comment

Super Mario World looks so good on my 4K TV. It could have come out yesterday.

How on earth hasn't there been wide screen rereleases of Mario games? They would look absolutely amazing

Comment

Just checking - the SNES pad order page is there, but I'm not able to see a 'buy now' type button to buy one. Same for everyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                  Just checking - the SNES pad order page is there, but I'm not able to see a 'buy now' type button to buy one. Same for everyone else?
                  Yup, been checking non stop since the Direct

Comment

Yup, same, same.

Think it's a bit of a shame you seem to only be able to play SNES games with those on your friends list, was hoping to cast the net a little wider.
                    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

[MENTION=3822]fuse[/MENTION] They haven’t been made available to order yet.

Perhaps more importantly, the Switch system update that allows them to be used isn’t available yet.

Comment

The jury has spoken.

Comment

The jury has spoken.

I could be wrong but I suspect that the System Update will drop first.

If that’s the case, then that will be the time Nintendo open orders.

Comment

Tried the soccer game but it just made me want to play Speedball 2 (side note - that should have made it to the Mega Drive Mini). For whatever reason I find Super Tennis a lot more engaging.

Comment

I don't know what it is but I don't mind the Joy-Con stick at all for 2D platformers. Noticed this in Tropical Freeze as well. I couldn't handle no D-pad in Metroid: Samus Returns for the 3DS but the Joy-Con stick just works.

One app feature I'd love would be the ability to hide games you're never going to play.
                              Last edited by Nico87; 07-09-2019, 14:21.

Comment

You can hide the bar at the bottom now, too!

Comment

Working...
                                X