Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone into Retro-Gaming in the Woking/Guildford Area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone into Retro-Gaming in the Woking/Guildford Area?

Is there anyone into retro gaming (16 and 8 bit) in the Woking /Guildford (Surrey) area? My favourite games are Command And Conquer (PC/Playstation), Shenmue (DC), Crazy Taxi, Exile (BBC Micro), Dungeon Master (Amiga), Populous (Amiga), Super Streetfighter 4 (360), Zarch (Archimedes), Sonic (Megadrive), Dynamite Dan (Spectrum), F-Zero (SNES), Super Mario Bros (NES) and I love arcade games like Robotron, Altered Beast, Double Dragon, Strider, Ghouls N Ghosts, New Zealand Story, Rainbow Islands, Blazing Star, Metal Slug, R-Type etc.

I have a wide range of other interests and can pretty much talk about anything.

I don't really want to travel so someone very nearby would be good.

Message me Would be great to find someone with a shared interest in games.

Not near you - I’m over in Hertfordshire - but you’ve got great taste in games, buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by buzz909 View Post
      Dynamite Dan (Spectrum), F-Zero (SNES), Super Mario Bros (NES) and I love arcade games like Robotron, Strider, Ghouls N Ghosts, New Zealand Story, Rainbow Islands, Blazing Star, Metal Slug, R-Type etc.
      All great games.

I'd love to own a Robotron cab.

Comment

I tell you what, and I extend this invitation to everyone here: I am going up to Arcade Club, Bury on 16th - 18th August for the weekend. If any of you would like to come then we could all get together for drinks, arcade games, retro chat and JuBeat. And if you’ve never played JuBeat then you are in for a right treat!

Comment

Anyone who comes on here and posts Dynamite Dan, should get a medal the size of a dustbin lid.

Comment

Always found the dynamite dan games annoyingly tricky i’d Burn through my lives in mere minutes. I’m terrible at the single screen jet set willy kinds of jumping precision and timing.

Comment

Thanks for all the posts and friendly words!

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
              Anyone who comes on here and posts Dynamite Dan, should get a medal the size of a dustbin lid.
              Haha thanks. I'll take one That's one of the Spectrum games I still play today. It helps that it's so fast and slick. It is hard though! What Spectrum games do you still enjoy?

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
              All great games.

I'd love to own a Robotron cab.
              That's a great choice. I think it's the perfect arcade game. I've actually being trying to get one since the start of the year. I've always wanted an arcade cab but never had the space until recently. In an ideal world I would like a Space Harrier upright also

Comment

=
                That's a great choice. I think it's the perfect arcade game. I've actually being trying to get one since the start of the year. I've always wanted an arcade cab but never had the space until recently.

I bet an authentic Robotron arcade cab in good condition goes for loads of money these days. It's such a classic game that works best with the arcade setup.

I used to play it a lot on the Xbox 360 when I first got into Live Arcade.

Comment

Thanks for all the posts and friendly words!

Haha thanks. I'll take one That's one of the Spectrum games I still play today. It helps that it's so fast and slick. It is hard though! What Spectrum games do you still enjoy?

That's a great choice. I think it's the perfect arcade game. I've actually being trying to get one since the start of the year. I've always wanted an arcade cab but never had the space until recently. In an ideal world I would like a Space Harrier upright also
                  Too many to list, although I think my all time fave is Turbo Esprit. Driving round a proper 3d world, with petrol stations, zebra crossings, traffic lights etc, used to fascinate me, and still does now. Such an impressive game.

Comment

I bet an authentic Robotron arcade cab in good condition goes for loads of money these days. It's such a classic game that works best with the arcade setup.

A few years ago a chap sold off a bunch of cocktail NOS cabs for about £3-4k, which strikes me as reasonably cheap for the age and the fact they were new, boxed.
                    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Is there anyone into retro gaming (16 and 8 bit) in the Woking /Guildford (Surrey) area? My favourite games are Command And Conquer (PC/Playstation), Shenmue (DC), Crazy Taxi, Exile (BBC Micro), Dungeon Master (Amiga), Populous (Amiga), Super Streetfighter 4 (360), Zarch (Archimedes), Sonic (Megadrive), Dynamite Dan (Spectrum), F-Zero (SNES), Super Mario Bros (NES) and I love arcade games like Robotron, Altered Beast, Double Dragon, Strider, Ghouls N Ghosts, New Zealand Story, Rainbow Islands, Blazing Star, Metal Slug, R-Type etc.

I have a wide range of other interests and can pretty much talk about anything.

I don't really want to travel so someone very nearby would be good.

Message me Would be great to find someone with a shared interest in games.
                      I'm in Farnham mate, just down the road from Guildford.
                      Last edited by Escape-To-88; 24-06-2019, 08:17.
                      3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

The greatest Spectrum game of all time is Chaos: The Battle of Wizards

I still play this because it's timeless.

Comment

Welcome [MENTION=9442]buzz909[/MENTION]

When you get enough replies to this thread, change the title to "Anyone into dogging?"

Comment

I've played arcade cabs of both Robotron and Smash TV in the last few months and there's something about the twin-stick configuration that adds to the excitement.

It's both totally natural, but also a bit of a coordination challenge when it gets tense!

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                              Welcome @buzz909

When you get enough replies to this thread, change the title to "Anyone into dogging?"
                              I'll change it to "Anyone buy an N-Gage when it first came out?" far more embarrassing

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                              Too many to list, although I think my all time fave is Turbo Esprit. Driving round a proper 3d world, with petrol stations, zebra crossings, traffic lights etc, used to fascinate me, and still does now. Such an impressive game.
                              Ive never actually played that but I've watched a video. Looks pretty good. Impressive to have a functioning city on a Spectrum! I'll give it a go.

Yes it's a lot sadly - everyone wants one I think they got rid of the Robotron from 360. I was asking about it here a while back and people said it had been removed. I normally play the XBox (original Xbox) version. It's on the Midway Arcade Treasures compilation.

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                              The greatest Spectrum game of all time is Chaos: The Battle of Wizards

I still play this because it's timeless.
                              That's another Speccy game I want to play but never have. Laser Squad (by the same guy) is one of my all time favs. I eventually switched to the Amiga version which is almost the same - but with more colour and less waiting time.

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
                              I'm in Farnham mate, just down the road from Guildford.
                              Yes that's pretty close. I'll send you a message v. soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X