Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My son has been saving up for weeks for Mario Kart 8.
    They never seem to drop in price!

Amazon actually offered a 2nd-hand one for about £8.50 cheaper, so he opted for that.
    I think it comes from Stirling Cash Converters!

I also bought a pad because I'm sick of the drifting. He says it's fine, but it's made it unplayable for me.
    Really poor show from Nintendo. On a par with RROD for me because of the price of pads.

Anyway, I'll report back on the pad and condition of the game when they arrive.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      I also bought a pad because I'm sick of the drifting. He says it's fine, but it's made it unplayable for me.
      Really poor show from Nintendo. On a par with RROD for me because of the price of pads.
      Yeah, it sucks. I'm in the process of trying to get them to repair a set that has previously been repaired for the same issue and it looks like they are going to charge me for the pleasure. The joycons are ridiculously priced and this is a known issue so they should be offering repairs on them.

Edit: for some reason they also seem to want my Switch system along with the joycons...
      Last edited by Dogg Thang; 10-09-2019, 11:20.

Comment

Prices going up in the Japanese eshop , subs and game prices

Comment

Originally posted by Junko View Post
          Prices going up in the Japanese eshop , subs and game prices
          It's just because of the increased consumption tax

Comment

So I'm sending my system for repair. The note that comes with it says they try to retain the information on the console but it isn't always possible so they recommend backing up data onto an SD card. And yet from everything I can find out, there is no way to transfer saves or back them up any other way than the Online cloud service... and some games aren't supported. Am I missing something? Is there a another way to back up saves?

Comment

Yes. Hack your machine like I did with mine **** Nintendo

Comment

Having to hack a home console just to manually back up game save data (a basic function available to PlayStation and Xbox users).

In 2019.

The Nintendo Way.

Comment

Out of curiosity are there any PlayStation or Xbox saves that are copy protected?. Always annoyed the hell out of me that stuff like my smash bros save and animal crossing saves were locked down.

Comment

Because it works, honest: https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/0...es_high_court/

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                      Out of curiosity are there any PlayStation or Xbox saves that are copy protected?. Always annoyed the hell out of me that stuff like my smash bros save and animal crossing saves were locked down.
                      There are a few that limit the amount of uploads/downloads you can do in a day, I don't remember any title downright blocking online backups, at least on Sony consoles.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                        The Souls games were

Comment

Intriguing wonder why that one was singled out? I know some are to stop cheating, like been able to copy animal crossing would easily allow duplication of items and cash. But it’s still frustrating as usually the ones locked down are ones that take far too many hours playtime. Always a huge risk if the game/console holding it craps out on you.

Comment

Ring Fit Adventures ....... waits for double entendres galore !

Comment

Maybe Nintendo has another mega-hit on its hands, who knows with them at this point? But I sense Labo levels of success at the very best with Ring Fit Adventure, it feels like it straddles two markets because it has a lack of faith either exists in enough numbers individually for it. It shouldn't need a 7min+ reveal trailer to explain it either.

Comment

[MENTION=39]importaku[/MENTION]: not the generation you're referring to, but Tekken Dark Resurrection on PSP is encrypted and locked to your PSP. Star Wars:KOTOR for the original XBox is encrypted and locked to your XBox.

Comment

Working...
                                X