Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It irks me that i absolutely love the look of the new iPhone 11 pro in midnight green with its weird 3 lens camera set up, it irks me even more i'm going to get one.

Looks like a ww2 era aesthetics with the latest tech.

Comment

It feels like we've reach the endgame for mobile phone aesthetic design. It's often the same thing these days in promo shots - when the sales team has to rely on showcasing minor revisions on the back of the phone instead of the front you know the design team has hit the end of the road in ideas.

Comment

Yep. And that seems expected. I mean, you can't keep innovating a product that has been pretty much perfected in terms of design. What can be improved are things like battery life and technicalities, like the camera. In terms of real innovation, that won't come from another phone. That will come from something can make a phone redundant.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          Yep. And that seems expected. I mean, you can't keep innovating a product that has been pretty much perfected in terms of design. What can be improved are things like battery life and technicalities, like the camera. In terms of real innovation, that won't come from another phone. That will come from something can make a phone redundant.

Yup, only so far it can all go.

Comment

Originally posted by Anpanman View Post
            I read somewhere that PSP batteries charging in the PSP unit have a charge count and after hitting that number they die. The Datel chargers circumvented that.
            My issue was the bloating, that has done away with any and all portability for me.

Comment

You'd think at some point an aggressive battle would have kicked in on low cost phones. The size of screen for example and the fact that the majority of users have 1080p TV's at home and standard PC's, Laptops etc to connect to make all the 4K, HDR etc screen and camera advancements redundant at this point and yet we're in a place where Apple is about to launch it's most expensive phone ever - and they're rarely ever even at the forefront of technology either. You only really need 1080p compatibility and a certain level of camera quality to largely max out the devices potential. You can get what are considered to be budget phones that have an impressive spec but it's surprisingly nowhere near as big or competitive a market as it should be, that's all on the consumer but still - mobile tech is so stagnant I doubt I'd ever buy a top end phone ever again as it's a massive amount of dead money.

Comment

It's funny really, I think my sony portable telephone has a 4k screen, and I end up playing a load of Kairosoft on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                  You'd think at some point an aggressive battle would have kicked in on low cost phones. The size of screen for example and the fact that the majority of users have 1080p TV's at home and standard PC's, Laptops etc to connect to make all the 4K, HDR etc screen and camera advancements redundant at this point and yet we're in a place where Apple is about to launch it's most expensive phone ever - and they're rarely ever even at the forefront of technology either. You only really need 1080p compatibility and a certain level of camera quality to largely max out the devices potential. You can get what are considered to be budget phones that have an impressive spec but it's surprisingly nowhere near as big or competitive a market as it should be, that's all on the consumer but still - mobile tech is so stagnant I doubt I'd ever buy a top end phone ever again as it's a massive amount of dead money.
                  Problem is what do they do now the mobile companies? Mobiles are almost too good now, bar silly battery life improvement.

Good cameras.
                  Internet.
                  1080p and up screens.
                  iTunes (or other music services).
                  Messaging.
                  Calls.
                  Video calls.
                  Calendar.
                  Organiser.
                  Alarm.
                  Timers.
                  4K video recording.
                  Social media.

They do EVERYTHING, mine has replaced virtually every device I used to buy baring my dslr camera (only a matter of time on that front).

Comment

I think you sum it up pretty well there and also sum up the real next goal, something they have all been aiming for and have had some success but not completely - to literally do everything. Like you are so locked into the infrastructure that you live an Apple life or Google life or whatever from a young age until you die. Complete integration of all services, so you won’t use Outlook plus some Apple Mail, so you won’t have Alexa and an Apple phone - instead a single service, a single infrastructure runs everything in your life, real and virtual.

It feels like a pretty horrifying cyberpunk future to me but I feel many would embrace it.

But if I had money to invest, I know where I’d put it - any company researching the next big thing in battery life/energy. Feels like our small power sources are many generations behind the devices they are powering and I think someone is going to solve this and make an absolute fortune.

Comment

Slow motion video on my phone is a game-changer. No, it's a CPS CHANGER! That's proper elite.

Comment

The 'genius' of Prince. Am I the only person who finds pretty much the majority of his music bland and wishy-washy, often funkless?

Don't get me wrong, I adore a couple/few of the man's tracks but I just think he was pretty cack, knaaaaaarrrrmeeeeean??

Bit beige with nowhere near as much funk as all the critics seem to think he has. That's cos they consider Bob Dylan a genius.

I always considered him an anius.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                          The 'genius' of Prince. Am I the only person who finds pretty much the majority of his music bland and wishy-washy, often funkless?

Don't get me wrong, I adore a couple/few of the man's tracks but I just think he was pretty cack, knaaaaaarrrrmeeeeean??

Bit beige with nowhere near as much funk as all the critics seem to think he has. That's cos they consider Bob Dylan a genius.

I know what you mean. The radio play songs are good, but he had 39 studio albums! Out of all those albums I think you could probably pull together a best of CD of 15 tracks.

Comment

Completely on point with that one, even the few tracks that are popular choices I've never thought were amazing. To me he was always a bit like several acts are these days and also like Madonna etc have been for large portions of their careers - marketing over product

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                              Yep not really anywhere else to go aside from these folding jobs.

Battery technology has been increasing but like with laptops it's been largely invisible because processors are getting ever more powerful.
                              Put a modern laptop battery in an old Pentium 486 and it will probably last a week.

Computational Photography is coming and phone makers are putting different lenses in but for me camera phones are ****, you can't really argue with physics - small sensor and big compression gives you noisetastic pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post

Agree was never really a fan, it seemed he had all the right notes but not necessarily in the correct order.

You can't argue with his instrument playing skills though, look at Coldplay's interview for their Super Bowl halftime show,

Then have a look at what Prince did.

Comment

Working...
                                X