No announcement yet.

Mega Drive Mini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sega put all that work into really trying to make this a fun item, they wanted people to play and enjoy it. I don’t think they intended it to be an ornament that never gets played. Hell even the crapload of minis I already have all get played.

Unlike most of you I actually play my stuff lol

Comment

I'm honestly baffled that you of all people would criticise someone for buying something to display as part of their collection

Comment

might have well just bought that plastic megadrive model kit instead.

Comment

Or an actual Mega Drive but just put it further away.

Comment

I'm not very good at gaming stuff on display. I feel intense guilt at the fact I own both an MD Master System converter and a real Master System.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
              Or an actual Mega Drive but just put it further away.
              Classic Father Ted.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                I just run mine via a Framemeister to get perfect scan lines
                Anytime I go from 720p in to 1080p out the FM doesn't give me any scaliness at all. Across a bunch of systems.

Comment

Think it depends on the picture mode your running it through (Meister ect.) although I haven’t updated mine to the newest firmware so maybe they fixed that. But I had a similar problem on ps1, it really doesn’t work well with the framemeister at all. Not counting the abysmal resolution switching delay there are resolution problems with scanlines. I’d get scanlines a on a game but then it switched to a screen at a different res and bam scanlines gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
                    Anytime I go from 720p in to 1080p out the FM doesn't give me any scaliness at all. Across a bunch of systems.
                    Needs a firmware update

Comment

Yeah, it does that with 1080p out because the scan lines look like crap in 1080p mode. It used to display them but since the last update it doesn't. For scan lines or any filters setting the Framemeister to 720p is the way to go. Looks great, even on a 4K pannel.

Comment

Having properly seen one of these now, I would say my retroflag MD case is better built. (And more mini!)

Comment

Seriously? I have a Retro Flag MD case and while it's great it's not on par with the Sega unit. It's not totally acurate either. Did you see a PAL unit? Are they of a poorer build quality?

Comment

Nope the uk one is exact same build quality in every way.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                              Needs a firmware update
                              No, it's on the latest already.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                                Yeah, it does that with 1080p out because the scan lines look like crap in 1080p mode. It used to display them but since the last update it doesn't. For scan lines or any filters setting the Framemeister to 720p is the way to go. Looks great, even on a 4K pannel.
                                So scaliness will work 720p in and 720p out, that is, no scaling?

Comment

Working...
                                X