X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    Mine should be arriving today.
    Mines on its way too. Used my discount code with VERY. With the SNES games on the system, I couldn't resist.

Comment

Mine is arriving when hopefully one of you guys finishes it soon and wanna sell it to me :P

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
        Hermes are wank!
        Absolute dog ****.
        3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

My Awakening LE has just been delivered via DPD. Fired up BOTW a couple of nights ago to finish it, still an utter marvel, and I'm not even the biggest fan of Zelda games.

Comment

I'm the opposite Links Awakening feels like a reminder as to why BOTW was so underwhelming for me

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
              I'm the opposite Links Awakening feels like a reminder as to why BOTW was so underwhelming for me
              I never got to play Awakening on the Gameboy, so looking forward to giving the remaster a shot!

Comment

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
                I never got to play Awakening on the Gameboy, so looking forward to giving the remaster a shot!
                Oh man, you're in for a treat. I know I'm not alone in feeling that Awakening is the best Zelda game ever made. It's small, very contained and yet so full of charm and perfectly paced.

Comment

My special edition turned up today. Looking forward to booting it up later with the other half and going on a nice adventure, she’s been waiting for this release for quite a while

Comment

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
                    I skipped the original as well. Looking forward to this.

Comment

Given it a couple of hours, not grabbing me at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                        Oh man, you're in for a treat. I know I'm not alone in feeling that Awakening is the best Zelda game ever made. It's small, very contained and yet so full of charm and perfectly paced.
                        Yeah, I totally agree with the opinions Nintendo devs have expressed about this. To me, LA is the quintessential Zelda game, in that it establishes the purest version of most of the things that define the game. Doesn't mean it's my favourite game, but I think it's the best example of what Zelda "is".

Comment

Originally posted by huxley View Post
                          Given it a couple of hours, not grabbing me at all.
                          Understandable.

Link’s Awakening is a Nintendo classic and a literal piece of history being that it is the very first proper handheld Zelda game, but it is far from being the best Zelda game ever IMO. For me, it’s a shrunken-down adaptation of the best Zelda game which is A Link To The Past.

Having replayed the GBC DX version of the original not so long ago, I’m not exactly in a rush to play this remake any time soon (though I will eventually do so seeing as it has had rave reviews thus far). I’ve said it before, will say it again and will keep on saying it: this should’ve been made into a proper sequel to Awakening a la how ALBW was made as a sequel to ALTTP - that would’ve been more interesting.

Comment

Washington Post (!) ranks the Zelda series. There's a vague structure I can kind of line up with in parts but for me, nope - nope.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                              Washington Post (!) ranks the Zelda series. There's a vague structure I can kind of line up with in parts but for me, nope - nope.
                              I think the writer articulates their reasons quite well, though. It isn't one of those top-50s that just feels like "I like them in this order".

Comment

Working...
                              X