No announcement yet.

Death Stranding (Kojima Productions) PS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I'll check out a round of reviews for it and possibly wait for a price reduction before taking a dip. I won't challenge the work and effort that's gone into it but given there seems to be such a large push on the real-life actors that are in it and the overtones that Kojima just wants to really direct a film I'm not so sure its a release day title for me this time.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
      Death stranding more like sh*t steaming. Waiting for my Amazon special edition where he lugs around Amazon branded parcels while carrying a scanner. GOTY 10/10 edition

I am finding it rather amusing both cultist Kojima fanboys defending everything about the game and the professional press who are incapable of calling the man out. The few that have been doing so have been dogpiled by said sheep. Has proven though that review scores mean nothing, looking on metacritic is surreal. Reviews calling out loads of flaws in the game the main one been it's no fun and then giving it a score of 100 "love us please Kojima senpai"
      Yeah I saw one review that called it a flawed masterpiece. It can't be a masterpiece if it's flawed surely.

Comment

9/10 a flawed masterpiece.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          Kojima just wants to really direct a film
          Well... https://nichegamer.com/2019/11/04/ko...in-the-future/

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
            Postman Pat will be happy

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
              Death stranding more like sh*t steaming. Waiting for my Amazon special edition where he lugs around Amazon branded parcels while carrying a scanner. GOTY 10/10 edition

I am finding it rather amusing both cultist Kojima fanboys defending everything about the game and the professional press who are incapable of calling the man out. The few that have been doing so have been dogpiled by said sheep. Has proven though that review scores mean nothing, looking on metacritic is surreal. Reviews calling out loads of flaws in the game the main one been it's no fun and then giving it a score of 100 "love us please Kojima senpai"
              Cool impressions of the game you haven’t played fella.

Comment

When Kojima finally gets to make an actual film he's going to be in for such a devastating ego comedown.

Comment

I guess all the Kojima cussers will be on cod and fortnite

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                    Cool impressions of the game you haven’t played fella.
                    To be fair, it sounds like he's reacting to the media treatment of it, which has been pretty bizarre.

Comment

Another nod for Postman Pat as well, quite clearly doesn't get the credit it deserves for inspiring Grand Theft Auto either

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                        To be fair, it sounds like he's reacting to the media treatment of it, which has been pretty bizarre.
                        Least someone gets the point, the media in general are all up on his dick absolutely terrified to call him out so most are calling it OMG the best game ever with lashings of unwarranted praise when from the footage i have seen so far it looks like a boring delivery game in pretty countryside. It's definitely emperors new clothes the videogame. The 1 hour Kotaku review is pretty funny though, rather scathing.

Thought it might have been another survival game to lose myself in but no way am i taking the risk on something at full price especially when the reviews call up so many red flags the main one been it's not actually fun to play, i mean thats the whole point of a game to have fun. This isn't some piece of interactive art it's a videogame.

Comment

Too long, often unfun to play for long stretches, over focused on dull storytelling over engaging gameplay, good looking open world hampered by a strong focus on unnecessary small details and a case of hype exceeding delivery. I'm surprised it hasn't had 10/10 across the board given RDR2 rode to success on the same ticket.

Comment

I see this game the darling of the most returned game and most listed PS4 game on ebay LOL

Comment

I haven't seen much about the game but those quiet, lonely landscapes look really nice. Whether I'd enjoy it or not is another matter.

Comment

I'm curious about the game, but I'm happy to wait about 3 months to get a used copy for a tenner.

Comment

Working...
                                X