No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loving all the Famicom appreciation! Cart only is definitely the way to go.. but having said that, the NAMCOT-published games which come in the hard cases are gorgeous.. yellowed Wario Land cart included to cover an actual recent pickup, as my cousin 'borrowed' mine about 3 years ago. Apologies for the awful phone camera quality, but no apologies for the hairy coffee table

Comment

Originally posted by Limitless View Post
      NAMCOT-published games which come in the hard cases are gorgeous.
      Makes me feel like collecting them.

Comment

I promised myself, I would try not too buy too many floppies, but when I saw Knight Lore for a tenner, I couldn't resist! The mega cheap ping pong game I got to make up the postage, turned out to be Konami Ping Pong game that did the rounds on the speccy etc. too.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
          Yeah, the SNES designs are ideal.

The 2001 game lacks all the charm that made the SNES games so special.
          The “New Age” Goemon’s only lasted one iteration. They were released on the PSX and GBA at the same time and quickly sunk. After this they returned to the traditional style. Ironically I think these New Age games fetch the most money in the retro market.

Importaku is right, he DS Goemon is indeed an amazing version, one of the best in the series.

Comment

Comment

So that’s the same Knight lore as in the spectrum? I seem to recall that design. Never had a spectrum myself but all my mates did.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                So that’s the same Knight lore as in the spectrum? I seem to recall that design. Never had a spectrum myself but all my mates did.
                Yes! Some Japanese companies actually licensed some British games, and made a Japanese version. Jaleco also did a version of Montys on the Run. Sadly they are totally butchered compared to the originals. There is also version of Druid which was on the Amstrad and Speccy.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post

I saw Knight Lore for a tenner, I couldn't resist!
                  I didn't know there was a Famicom version, so that's interesting.

turned out to be Konami Ping Pong game that did the rounds on the speccy etc. too.
                  I remember liking it on the Amstrad, so I guess the Famicom version should also play well.

Originally posted by Goemon View Post

Importaku is right, he DS Goemon is indeed an amazing version, one of the best in the series.
                  I forgot about that, so I'll give it a go. Looks pretty good from the video I watched.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                    I didn't know there was a Famicom version, so that's interesting.
                    Learned you some learnings

Comment

I've finally got my hands on a Super Nt.

The image quality is excellent: clear, vibrant, rich colours. Even without scanlines it's OK, but with scanlines(especially the 'hybrid' variety) it's really attractive. I like how you can adjust the darkness of the scanlines to suit your taste. The sound quality has oomph and is crystal clear.

I really like the range of options that allow you to tailor everything. Being able to change the colour of the 'power light' with a range of choices is cool. And being able to input cheats is a nice feature.

I had a long session with the built-in games 'Super Turrican' and 'Super Turrican 2'. A whole lot of run-'n-gun fun.
                      Last edited by Leon Retro; 01-10-2019, 08:12.

Comment

Knock-off-me-do.

Comment

Knock-off-me-do.
                          It's a genuine 8BitDo pad. Feels really nice.

Comment

Double knock-off-me-do

Comment

Originally posted by Goemon View Post
                              The “New Age” Goemon’s only lasted one iteration. They were released on the PSX and GBA at the same time and quickly sunk. After this they returned to the traditional style. Ironically I think these New Age games fetch the most money in the retro market.

They really don't deserve their high value as they are trash i hate them with a passion, they took everything that was great with goemon and ruined it there could have been a few more amazing goemons like the super fami ones but nope we got that crap instead. The games suck so bad that konami even took the piss out of them in the DS version with someone looking suspiciously like the new age form of goemon locked up in a cell

Comment

Double knock-off-me-do
                                I didn't really need the Super Nt, as I have a large collection of all sorts of SNES/Super Famicom machines, but as it's my favourite console, I thought I may as well have a bit of FPGA action.

It's a really well made machine that feels heavy compared to a SNES Mini. The range of options to choose from is really good -- and the fact that you can update the firmware to enable roms to be loaded is a major bonus. Being able to use carts is also nice.

I'd definitely recommend it to people who feel FPGA is a nicer option than emulation. I'll definitely be buying the Mega SG at some point.
                                Last edited by Leon Retro; 01-10-2019, 10:10.

Comment

Working...
                                X