No announcement yet.

Destiny 2: + 2022 DLC The Witch Queen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still haven't finished off Osiris let alone anything that followed and yet... damn you all! I just bought Shadowkeep. The one with all the season passes... so much content...!

Comment

Shadowkeep should bump you and all your gear to 750, if you haven’t reached that level yet, loads of things should unlock as well and won’t require you to have to unlock them, like the forges from Forsaken season pass (if you have Forsaken)
      Osiris was where I dropped the game, Osiris story sucked the life outta me, I came back for warmind and that’s a far better map/content.
      Forsaken has some good content as well and decent story.

Shadowkeep should be cool, I’m hearing the moon is haunted.
      6 hours to go.

Comment

With this purchase I'll have every season pass/expansion to date, I've so far avoided allowing letting the game auto-level me up and before completely Osiris I was able to get past the last auto-level up point so I'm thinking I'd be best doing the same with Shadowkeep and rejecting the option to jump to 750

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post

Shadowkeep should be cool, I’m hearing the moon is haunted.
          6 hours to go.
          Cocks revolver.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
            With this purchase I'll have every season pass/expansion to date, I've so far avoided allowing letting the game auto-level me up and before completely Osiris I was able to get past the last auto-level up point so I'm thinking I'd be best doing the same with Shadowkeep and rejecting the option to jump to 750
            It will auto level you whether you want it or not. Trust me save the mats, your going to need them. Turns out that the new mats for masterworking are OUTRAGEOUSLY priced.

Enhancement prisms,
            10 enhancement cores.
            25 phaseglass needle.
            10,000 glimmer.

Ascendant shards,
            10 enhancement prisms.
            100 Dusklight shards.
            50,000 glimmer.

They will also be available as rewards but i don't imaging the game will drop many at all.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
              Cocks revolver.
              Funnily that’s what I call Luna’s Howl.

I saw bungie were already prepping the craziness with a long list of issues that we may bump into.

Before Destiny 2: Shadowkeep and New Light launch on October 1, we want players to be aware of certain issues and information before logging in the first time.

A thread (1/11):

Season Passes will be applied to the first set of characters that signs in. If you plan to Cross Save but will use other characters later, it's recommended to set up Cross Save before logging in. For more information visit bungie.net/CrossSave 2/11

�� Pre-order and bonus items can be found on Eris Morn after completing the first Moon mission.
              �� Forsaken subclasses are only available with a Forsaken or Shadowkeep game license.
              �� Pulling Legendary armor from Collections will always give Armor 1.0. 3/11

�� Certain achievements/trophies can only be unlocked by owning Forsaken.
              �� The Premonition Legendary Pulse Rifle incorrectly states that it’s “Found by exploring the Moon” but the source is actually from the new dungeon, which will become available soon. 4/11

Top Issues Being Investigated:
              �� Players have to wait a week if the “Firewall” quest step is dismantled after completing Eris' weekly bounty. If the “Luna’s Calling” weekly quest is deleted before collecting rewards, and the bounty is reclaimed, player have to wait a week. 5/11

Top Issues (cont.)
              �� Some players who started Destiny 2 for the first time right before maintenance on 9/30 will be at 0 Power when logging in. To resolve this, players will need to delete that character. 6/11

Top Issues (cont.)
              �� The “Show Me What You Got” achievement/trophy can’t be unlocked by veteran players with three characters.
              �� Only Crucible daily bounties will count towards the Redrix’s Broadsword quest step, “The Constant.” 7/11

Top Issues (cont.)
              �� Strike Playlist completions will count toward certain exotic quests, but Strikes selected on Destinations won’t.
              �� The “Enhance!” EDZ quest is no longer available to veteran characters.
              �� The Exodus Black Nessus quest can’t be reclaimed if abandoned. 8/11

Top Issues (cont.)
              �� Previewing Crucible Engrams will incorrectly state that Forsaken is required to earn them.
              �� Certain warnings will appear for Nightfalls that require players to have certain mods equipped, but won’t account for teammate loadouts. 9/11

Top Issues (cont.)
              �� The Scan Patrol Triumph won’t gain progress if scans are completed in the Moon’s Chasm area.
              �� Lunafaction Boots incorrectly state that using them in Rifts will automatically reload weapons, but they will actually increase weapon reload speed. 10/11

As always, we will be monitoring player reports on our Help Forum at Bungie.net and will be updating our Top Issues article as big issues arise.

�� Help Forum: bungie.net/en/Forums/Topi…
              �� Top Issues Article (available Oct. 1, 10AM): bungie.net/en/Help/Articl…

/end

Comment

Ah well, 750 it is then. I don't think I've spent hardly anything of the stuff I've earned so far so I'll be carrying out a full review once I get the steam version downloaded tonight

Comment

Here’s a LONG list of patch notes.

Relevant sector for people who haven’t completed all content.

NEW LIGHT

GENERAL
                  The Power level of all players' current gear will be set to 750 at launch.
                  All new characters will start at Power 750
                  Black Armory Forges, Gambit, Gambit Prime, the Reckoning, and the Menagerie are available for all players
                  Leviathan raid lairs Eater of Worlds and Spire of Stars are available for all players
                  All players can enter Free Roam on all destinations, including the Moon (once the destination has been unlocked)
                  Many previously quests can now be picked up on various vendors

NEW GUARDIANS
                  New characters are no longer required to play through Red War, Curse of Osiris or Warmind (a.k.a. Classic) campaigns before accessing various activities and quests.
                  New characters can acquire the classic campaign pursuits from Amanda Holliday
                  If the player acquires a campaign pursuit for a mission on a planet they have not yet unlocked by earning XP, that planet will become unlocked
                  For example, if the player has only unlocked the EDZ and Titan, and then they acquire the Curse of Osiris campaign pursuit, the Mercury destination will become unlocked
                  New characters have immediate access to all playlist activities (but they still might not meet the Power requirements for higher tiers of Player Elected Difficulty, or they might need a special item like a Mote Synthesizer to play the Reckoning)
                  New character will be granted the New Light main quest. This quest will lead them through most ritual activities, Year 1 seasonal content, and Year 1 destinations
                  For new characters, Zavala, Shaxx, and Drifter will initially have simplified inventories. Players must complete a short intro quest for Strikes, Crucible, and Gambit to unlock the full inventory of bounties and pursuits on these vendors

BLACK ARMORY
                  Quests
                  The Black Armory area of the Tower Annex is now accessible to all players
                  Simplified the Black Armory intro quest
                  Removed the quests needed to Unlock the Izanami and Gofannon forges

Exotics
                  Le Monarque and Jotunn are now first unlocked via pursuits found on Ada-1
                  The quest for Izanagi's Burden can now also be acquired from Ada-1

Forges
                  Introducing the Forge Rotator
                  Found on the EDZ Director Screen
                  Launch directly into a forge by selecting the node
                  Which Forge is playable rotates daily
                  Forges are no longer launched from EDZ or Nessus

Rewards
                  Weapon frames no longer require specific forges in order to be completed

WARMIND
                  Escalation Protocol access is no longer gated on any campaign completion requirements
                  Last edited by Family Fry; 01-10-2019, 17:01.

Comment

I’m getting a “D2 is temporarily at capacity message.” Which is not that much of a surprise. Hopefully I’ll be able to get on tomorrow.

Comment

Got logged in and started playing but was constantly getting connecting to server messages and got kicked out of mission so will give it a rest until tomorrow.

I know with online games there are teething issues but feels a bit odd for a game that technically was already released a while back

One thing i did wonder though is if they set the start at 750 does that mean we miss out on a lot of progression ?

Comment

Yup games fallen over. Good job bungle. One thing i did notice while in the tower, new enhancement mats are just stupidly priced, designed to break the player’s spirit bad.

Needs to go now.

Once again another thing no one asked to be changed and yet bungle manged to bungle all over again.

Comment

I reacquired the 'classic' campaigns, sucks that progress got reset on them as I had most of Osiris nearly done. Redoing it feels like a chore but now Power Level is 750 I'm unsure if there's much point or have they changed rewards to reflect this?

It's all kind of weird, it feels like it's actually got less content because it's immediately funnelled to just Shadowkeep. I picked up three classic campaigns from Amanda Holiday so I need to check that Forsaken was in there too, should have been

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                            I reacquired the 'classic' campaigns, sucks that progress got reset on them as I had most of Osiris nearly done. Redoing it feels like a chore but now Power Level is 750 I'm unsure if there's much point or have they changed rewards to reflect this?

It's all kind of weird, it feels like it's actually got less content because it's immediately funnelled to just Shadowkeep. I picked up three classic campaigns from Amanda Holiday so I need to check that Forsaken was in there too, should have been

Year its weird for long term players tbh on that front, everything is now unlocked from the off and all the campaigns are now reduced to acquirable quest tickets essentially. If your only on the end game on everything then not much of a change, but if you were half way through stuff then its very odd indeed.

Comment

So it turns out that the relaunch saw a massive number of players downloading this on pc, there where tweets last night saying this is the biggest launch steam has ever seen which i think took bungie by surprise its back up and running now and should be a lot smoother experience from here on in.

I logged in at six and was immediately put in a queue got in about 6:15 did the first 3 missions and was just doing the strike when i got booted so got a good few hours in, we did have a good laugh though as we where all in chat all in the same boat and it turned into a competition to see who was furthest back in the queue at one point there where 24,000 people in front of me
                              Last edited by Lebowski; 02-10-2019, 09:48.

Comment

I'm assuming then that having been upped to 750 I have Shadowkeep to do but will get nothing but a bit of story for doing Osiris, Warmind and Forsaken now?

Comment

Working...
                                X