No announcement yet.

Randomised Gaming Retro Videos & Blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speedball 2 Brutal Deluxe anyone? So many versions of this game this was the 2007 remake for Xbox 360 that has since been pulled. There are other remakes on the PlayStation 3/PSP/PS Vita and another on Steam. As this one used the Amiga engine many fans will no doubt get that Nostalgia affect.

Comment

Now this is a title I suspect @Yakumo will look at along with its many many ports at some point, which is Lemmings. This is a quick video of the PSP version which was a remake of the original Amiga game with 36 new stages and a level editor, it was also ported to PS2. The later PS3 version was in fact a sequel to this version. Still on PS Store to buy also and I believe it supports Vita as well.

The Shadow of the Beast levels are partly in (graphics and music changed) as is the 666 stage which was often removed/changed or edited in other versions. The extra stages and worlds seen in the SNES and Mega Drive version aren't here, but they were done by Sunsoft. It's amazing how many versions of the game each have their own extra levels.

PSP version is a great way to play it on the go.

Comment

Many people ask me to cover lemmings but I really don't enjoy the game enough to play a crap load of ports.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
          Many people ask me to cover lemmings but I really don't enjoy the game enough to play a crap load of ports.
          Don't blame you for not wanting to playthrough a tons of ports of a game you don't like.

This week we look at the rather odd Saturn port of Whizz, a PAL and NTSC/J game only.

Ported to quite a few consoles and each version has different changes between them. [MENTION=1524]Yakumo[/MENTION] do you have a Japanese version of Whizz by the way? From what I've seen the Japanese PS1 and Saturn versions adds in a running shoe power up and changes some enemies like the jesters on 4-1 to a spinning top, can you confirm? I can find very little information on the Japanese Saturn version and don't have a copy.

Passwords are World 2 - CBAACA World 3 - BCBAAB World 4 - CACBBA

Comment

Originally posted by S3M View Post
            Don't blame you for not wanting to playthrough a tons of ports of a game you don't like.

This week we look at the rather odd Saturn port of Whizz, a PAL and NTSC/J game only.

Ported to quite a few consoles and each version has different changes between them. [MENTION=1524]Yakumo[/MENTION] do you have a Japanese version of Whizz by the way? From what I've seen the Japanese PS1 and Saturn versions adds in a running shoe power up and changes some enemies like the jesters on 4-1 to a spinning top, can you confirm? I can find very little information on the Japanese Saturn version and don't have a copy.

Passwords are World 2 - CBAACA World 3 - BCBAAB World 4 - CACBBA
            yep I do own the Japanese Saturn port and from what I remember it does have the shoes you mentioned.
            I remember working in HMV back when this was released in the UK and feeling so pissed off at Konami. Every Saturn owner wanted Castlevania but what did Konami go and release? Yep this bollocks.

Comment

I've only played the SNES version, which I really like. Feels like an 8-bit computer game on steroids. Love the vibrant graphics and excellent sprite work. Has a very old school charm that appeals to me. I might check out the Japanese Saturn version.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                I've only played the SNES version, which I really like. Feels like an 8-bit computer game on steroids. Love the vibrant graphics and excellent sprite work. Has a very old school charm that appeals to me. I might check out the Japanese Saturn version.
                I didn't even know this was on the SNES. Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                  Wouldn't say it's the greatest game every made, but i does have a lot of charm and very much has a Head over Heels feel.

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                  I didn't even know this was on the SNES. Wow.
                  It got released on more consoles than you think, Amiga, PC, Amiga CD32, SNES (no Japanese release), Saturn and PlayStation (No Not American release for those versions.)

We gave the OSSC a try with Virtua Fighter 2 as we needed a better mix of footage for a Saturn video, that hopefully will have finished in the near future. Yakumo has an idea of what's it is about, likely next month it will go live. In the mean time here is a selection of matches using watch mode.

Comment

We gave the OSSC a try with Virtua Fighter 2 as we needed a better mix of footage for a Saturn video, that hopefully will have finished in the near future. Yakumo has an idea of what's it is about, likely next month it will go live. In the mean time here is a selection of matches using watch mode.]
                    Wow, that has taken quite some time

Comment

Giving more Saturn coverage on the channel this week, first off we have what many would say is the best version of the original Street Fighter II on Sega Saturn with Capcom Generation 5:

Second we have the very quirky Technosoft pinball title Pinball Kingdom:

Comment

Giving more Saturn coverage on the channel this week, first off we have what many would say is the best version of the original Street Fighter II on Sega Saturn with Capcom Generation 5:

Second we have the very quirky Technosoft pinball title Pinball Kingdom:

Fantastic Pinball is an overlooked gem, BTW your channel just gets better and better

Comment

Was at least expecting some form of commentary or opinion... not just silence

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
                            Was at least expecting some form of commentary or opinion... not just silence
                            to you to, as I know that tells me you haven't watched the Street Fighter II video in full before commentating, as there is some discussion before and after the longplay. Rather than trolling the dislike button how about exploring the channel in full and providing some structured feedback.

We can't win either way as some people want commentary, some don't hence why we have a range of videos on the channel and blog. It's a balancing act you can never get right for everyone.

You'll like prefer these ones, which are fully voiced over:

Comment

Seen all the mention of this week, the team decided to take a look at the unreleased Propeller Arena from Sega and AM2. Fun in short burst, but not a game that was a system seller that was for sure.

Comment

Really great news for the channel this week as we reached the 2000 subscribers mark, so we did a special video to mark the event:

Also a new video where we looked at the Dreamcast version of the Atari Anniversary Edition, which only got released in North American. All these games did appear on a number of other collections, however. In fact I think the Atari collection for PS2 and Xbox was the best one as it included all these games and more. Still some great titles here:

Comment

Working...
                                X