Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I for one am glad that our small aquatic crustacean cousins can still kick back after a hard day's swimming.

Probably not Sex on the Beach though.

Comment

I was going to write something, but i simply deleted it all as its just not worth it. All a total waste of time, and a waste of even the slightest bit of my energy even acknowledging politicians even exist now.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
        a waste of even the slightest bit of my energy even acknowledging politicians even exist now.
        I like this stance. If enough of us stop believing in them, will they cease to exist?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          I like this stance. If enough of us stop believing in them, will they cease to exist?
          Shrugs, i know i'm done.

Comment

The best quote I've seen recently is quoting this form memory but the jist was

"I cant wait for brexit to be done with as every time i go to my dads house he goes into these massive rants about Europe. The strange thing is pre European referendum he had never mentioned anything at all about Europe to me in the 40 years I've know him"
            I think what i like about the above quote is it shows how problems that where not issues 5 years ago are massive issues today, people that wouldn't of even given it a second thought now have massively opinionated and entrenched views on both sides. With this in mind if we are all such experts now then we clearly need to do a confirmation vote

it be good for leave too as if it's still comes back leave then it cements that position.

Comment

This is what i have had family sharing across facebook

I just have to rub my head with the headache its giving me

Comment

Can you divorce your family?

Comment

Might just change my name instead lol

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                    No, and it's absolutely vital that people don't do this.

If you're not holding policians to account, even if it seems like they get away with it a lot of the time anyway if you do, you're simply making it easier for them to carry on doing what they want.

Comment

I didn’t actually think they would cease to exist if we stopped believing in them.

Comment

It was more a general thing - it's vital people don't become apathetic about politics because that's the ultimate gift to them - the public not holding them to account.

Comment

The cable car was significantly more than £500k - I think closer to £50m and was supposed to be "at no cost to the taxpayer"!
                          Also, this does not cover the costs of the Cycle Hire scheme which was promised at election to come at no cost to the taxpayer (yes, Trump took that line) and was sponsored by Barclays in a rather dubious way.
                          It also does not cover the cost of the "New Bus for London" which was to have "no cost to the taxpayer" and was so poorly designed by the Heatherwick office (not, oddly, designed by a bus manufacturer) that was later involved in the dubious Bridge design (not, oddly, designed by a bridge designer) that it had zero exports. London also had to buy more than they wanted due to the poor contract and each bus is bigger and more expensive than those it replaces but carries fewer people and had to be bought by the taxpayer rather than bus companies as they refused.

An absolute litany of failure.

For some reason, the London media at the time decided not to cover these much and the national media also decided, as it was not covered regionally, it was not worth picking up. Evening Standard editor just happened to be a personal friend (and is now editing the Today programme...). The Evening Standard attack dog (Gilligan) just happened to then later be employed by Johnson in the mayoralty.

Comment

The other parties absolutely need to ram home till it hurts that the only way people who want Brexit to be over to get that result is to support a Remain option or face ten or more years of it rolling on. They need to break the lie that the deadline date in any way represents getting Brexit 'done'

Johnson spouts hot air as his options run out leaving him crying on about a GE rather than answering anything of relevance.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                              No, and it's absolutely vital that people don't do this.

If you're not holding policians to account, even if it seems like they get away with it a lot of the time anyway if you do, you're simply making it easier for them to carry on doing what they want.
                              They don’t care, know why? Because they can get away with whatever they want, say what they want, do what they want.

EVEN in an age where you can record their every word, they simply shrug it off and carry on as if the factual evidence doesn’t exist.

I’m done with it all.

Comment

Johnson causes an explosion of anger in Parliament by saying the best way to honour murdered MP Jo Cox is to deliver Brexit

Comment

Working...
                                X