X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-politics-live

Johnson causes an explosion of anger in Parliament by saying the best way to honour murdered MP Jo Cox is to deliver Brexit
    I mean WTF? What a prick.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
      They don’t care, know why? Because they can get away with whatever they want, say what they want, do what they want.

EVEN in an age where you can record their every word, they simply shrug it off and carry on as if the factual evidence doesn’t exist.

I’m done with it all.
      That's simply not true.

Comment

The latest polling is in and it's a bit mixed, but on the whole the last week doesn't seem to have had a lot of impact on the Tory lead. Two polls are showing gains for Brexit at the expense of the Tories, with Opinion showing a conservative gain due to a Labour dive. The overall combined result is still showing Tories leading by 9 points.

The overall trend continues to be Brexit losses => Conservative Gains, Labour Losses => LibDem Gains.
        Last edited by MartyG; 26-09-2019, 07:35.

Comment

I really don't get what Corbyn's game plan is when these poll tracking updates come in. He wants to be PM yet seems to go out of his way to make it unlikely

Comment

Johnson causes an explosion of anger in Parliament by saying the best way to honour murdered MP Jo Cox is to deliver Brexit
            This was awful.

It was part of an exchange with Labour’s Paula Sherriff, a friend of Jo Cox, who was explaining to Johnson that people sending MPs abuse and death threats often used the same phrases he used, and said he should be “absolutely ashamed of himself”.

After her emotional explanation that after Jo Cox's murder, their fears are genuine, Johnson stepped up and said:
            “I have to say, Mr Speaker, that I have never heard so much humbug in my life.”
            He got pretty soundly booed, though.

"The prime minister also claimed that the best way to honour the memory of Ms Cox, a Remain supporter, was to “deliver Brexit”.

He made the claim in response to a point from Tracy Brabin, who succeeded the murdered MP as the representative for Batley and Spen.

Ms Brabin said: “Hearing from the prime minister words like the ‘humiliation act’, the ‘surrender act’ or the ‘capitulation act’ - all these words are suggesting that because we disagree with him, we are traitors, we are not patriots. Nothing is further from the truth.

“This may be a strategy to set the people against the establishment. I would like to gently suggest he is the establishment and we are still people.”"

Comment

He's doing it on purpose (including the "surrender" comments). It's the only way he'll trigger a vote of no confidence.

No one is biting though.

Comment

Bercow seems to have confirmed that if a GE is called now it cannot take place before 05 November no matter what happens making the hold up now purely about ensuring No Deal is avoided in its event.

Johnson keeps on failing upwards as he loses his 7th consecutive commons vote, this one on giving a recess for the Conservative Party Conference to take place.

Comment

MP's tussle over slides that led to parental complaints as they seemed to be promoting Johnson to children in schools.

Comment

Jacque Chirac passes aged 86
                    Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                    He's doing it on purpose
                    I thought Zaki was talking about Chirac

Comment

John Major says Johnson has killed any chance of a Withdrawal Agreement.

At this point it should be clear to the EU and Ireland that Johnson is entirely in favour of and in agreement with terminating the Good Friday Agreement, yes? Assuming we crash out at some point there's literally no trade agreement with the EU at any point without addressing that point but the interim period with no agreement will necessitate a border. The PM can crow on about 'we simply won't put one in place all he wants' but the EU won't budge with that issue over their heads leaving Ireland in a position where they either see the EU impose a hard border or no-one does and they get trapped in the middle for however many years the UK as a whole struggles and groans through having no trade agreement with the EU.

Isn't this basically the height of moronic? Yes the UK leaves the EU on a technicality but the PM then has to survive the inability to achieve a trade deal, Ireland kicking off, a further rise in the chances the UK is disbanded and potentially the rise in terrorist attacks in response. Even the Tories need to stop pretending any current deadline has nothing waiting on the other side of it.

Comment

#GetBrexitDone is currently trending on Twitter and it gives you an insight into how Brexit supporters are thinking.

It's quite eye-opening how many people want a No-Deal Brexit, think Boris can do no wrong and once we leave, it's a Thanos snap and everything will be Euphoric.

It's painful, but I think it's important to try and see both sides of the argument.

Comment

And recognise that not all sides are equal and one, in this case, is utterly moronic.

Comment

4 years since the campaigning began and the Remain side still can't get their act together. It's so rare they just cut through the BS and say - No Deal means at least 10 years more Brexit.

It's literally the longest road to ending it

Comment

Interest rates are looking likely to be cut soon

Comment

Working...
                              X