This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
    Expert is mentally retarded chinchilla mode. You've been playing it waaaay beneath your character level. Try working up towards Torment XIII instead. That's the endgame. It turns into a bullet hell.
    Expert is the highest level you can play on in first playthrough, which if the game were balanced - and I think they've had enough time to tweak it - should be expected to present a modicum of challenge. I tried a few Nephalim Rifts on Torment which were harder, so I could see which way it was going, but I'm afraid it hasn't gripped me enough to want to see it further.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
      Expert is the highest level you can play on in first playthrough, which if the game were balanced - and I think they've had enough time to tweak it - should be expected to present a modicum of challenge. I tried a few Nephalim Rifts on Torment which were harder, so I could see which way it was going, but I'm afraid it hasn't gripped me enough to want to see it further.
      You tweak it to your liking as you progress. Multiples more relevant loot drops as you play around just medium to hard difficulty. You want a boss to take no longer than 30 seconds, trash 5.

The richness of the game comes in when you start to chase after a particular 'build' for pushing further up the Greater Rifts by mixing runes and armor set effects (among a ton of other stuff). Then it's just a matter of min/maxing your stats to see how far you can push your DPS by upgrading pieces incrementally as they drop. Each season shakes things up and grants different kinds of benefits and boosts. Just when you think you've plateaued on GR90 you'll accidentally work out a little twist or two which ends up granting you 3x more damage making up to GR100 a breeze.

It's an immense game, arguably best-in-genre. Way better now than the mess it was released in (where it was literally impossible to complete depending on your class...). I get the same kind of buzz from it as I do from an old vertical shmup when all the medals drop from the screen.

Did you just go through it the once to complete the story?

Comment

Maybe we can get some games in? It's better to think of it as a PSO/Monster Hunter type.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
          Maybe we can get some games in? It's better to think of it as a PSO/Monster Hunter type.
          Cheers for the explanation and offer, mate, but I'm afraid it's not for me. I see your comparative point about the MH grind for loot, which in that game I've really enjoyed.

Comment

I've been trying to play Pump it Up M for the past several days but never seem to be able to get past the login screen. It's supposed to have been fixed but not for me. Already tried uninstalling and reinstalling as well as clearing the cache. This is what I get atm.

Bah.

Comment

Found myself playing DISHONORED on my 360, which is now a 120gb gaming graveyard of goodness. FECUND with the milk of gaming's ample teatage.

Anyway, this is probably the fifth time I've started this game. I've just stayed on the very brief first bit and been mucking about the last 40mins.

First impressions for a 2012 360 game? It still looks nice, a 360 game from that 'experimental' era of 360/PS3 texture design, when they were trying to create different 'looks' for games.

It's chunky, textured, hazy like a dream. But quite ugly and old skool when you look at them textures closely. Nearest game that resembles this look is THE DARKNESS 2. That ran away with the effect, added lots of dark and cel-shaded outlines. This looks more like that but without the cel-shade and darkness.

ANYWAY, talking sh!t again.

As I've been roaming about this outdoor, sunlit seaside/dockside bit, I've been finding quite a deep atmos. With the hazy gfx, it sorta feels like a cross between Whitby and the Maltese capital of Valletta. It's a very clever feel and one you never really feel that much at all in games but it sorta vivids up the good vibes of both places (which are both brill in their own arcane ways).

Sincerely cannot believe I never tried swimming down into the water on the very first boat section. Played it four times before this and never even tried as I assumed this game was set on land all the time. Duh!

(Yeah, you *can* swim right down. But you run out of breath when you get very near the bottom so you get scared and swim straight back up. I'm sure there will be a secret there.)

Comment

Forgot to say. It reminded me of Whitby and Valletta. And then I was looking across the harbour for the bright, colourful signs of pubs.

It's got no pubs.

These words immediately entered my head, but in a posh English woman's voice, and actually did:

"Dig deeper, my child" .

It was a voice that sounded like the woman in Superman 2, without Googling was it Sarah Douglas?

Yeah.

Comment

Never change, Jazz <3

Comment

Well it is the annual COD event for me as usual.

Lag is up there with the last IW COD game which is the only I haven't prestiged on

Current latency, PS$, Mine is 300 to 400 milliseconds and has been as high as 1100

I have a Fibre optic, wired connection, Open Nat

On BO4 - latency is 30 to 40 milliseconds

As I am Prestige Master 692 on BO4 I could be heading back to it soon if the latency persists.

Comment

The recent release of Trails of Cold Steel III has made me go back to the second one in order to progress and finish it. It can get weighed down by the volume of dialogue or the amount of time spent battling but at least there's a turbo mode you can switch on/off at her press of a button. Its also great when you can wipe the floor with enemies due to having characters setup in certain ways. Unlocking additional S-Arts (like limit breaks) and seeing their animations play out is quite rewarding. The game also has some exquisite music too (reusing older battle themes but also adding some original tracks to that area making me think of seeking the OST out).

Hopefully the game has a strong ending and makes me want to seek out its direct sequel still later this year.

Comment

Back on Symphony of the Night, left it a couple of days because the second castle creates a mini-sense of overkill (which is why I STILL consider Super Metroid the more 'perfect' game).

I finished the first castle on Level 31, which I've found to be far too low in the inverse castle so I've been fog-floating through entire areas so I can hunt for save points avoiding damage, then looking for decent grinding corridors.

Level 39 at the mo, gonna try n' grind 'til at least Level 51.

Comment

About 157.1% into the map, encountered a boss called "Beelzebub" which is basically a big skeleton hanging from the roof of a two screen height, so you have to climb platforms to defeat the 'head n' shoulders' bit (you know exactly what I mean).

Anyhoo, with the double jump, I trimmed off both the bottom and central sections quite easily but I died going back up to the top bit.

It narked me so I turned it off. Time for YouTube.

But I shall beat it tomorrow. That was an easy bitch of a boss and I fought valiantly.

Comment

It has one of *THE* best ingame choonz, THIS, it's called 'Crystal Teardrops', prepare for your earlobes for orgasm:

Please sincerely tell me that is not awesomely beautiful. I will genuinely give you a fiver if you can.

Comment

It's only because I'm probably crazy but little bits of the synths on that track remind me of 'So Good' by The Conscious Daughters, for some reason. It will just be me:

Anyway, cheggahcheggahcheggidowd, a beauty track from the 9-sizzle
                              Last edited by JazzFunk; 28-10-2019, 03:21.

Comment

The relatives have left, so I got back onto Arkham Knight, which I'm definitely enjoying a lot more from the start.
                                I'm enjoying the side-missions and the main story, wanting to know who the Arkham Knight is, like I wanted to know who Hush was in the comics.

Did spend a LOT of the time last night trying to do one Riddler race (activate a switch, race across town to an opened cage with a Riddler trophy in). I was really close a couple of times, with one occasion seeing Batman diving around instead of picking up the trophy as both actions are an X. Obviously, when I finally did it, I had about 5 seconds to spare.

Comment

Working...
                                X