Games Night in 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Games Night in 2019

If you were having some friends round for a few games now, what would you head to for biggest fun bearing in mind that some people don't know how to play. For example, I don't do fighting games (apart from stuff like Viewtiful Joe).

I'm thinking stuff like bomberman, split screen (Mario Kart) or turn based (Sega Bass Fishing).

I have Xbox, Xbox360, Xbox One, Wii, Dreamcast, N64

Thought immediately of Mario Kart and Bomberman. Mario party can be a hit or a huge miss. Maybe sport games, if friends are interested in them. You can try Smash Bros. and Power Stone, but they might be a bit too advanced for non-players.

Comment

Ignore

Comment

My mind went to Wii sports. Wii bowling is great for a party. Bomberman as mentioned. Maybe even puzzle bobble or bubble bobble.

Comment

I have wii sports - forgot about that.
          Also maybe Ghost squad! Anyone can shoot stuff by aiming.

Comment

Virtua Tennis, Pro Evo Soccer/FIFA, Wrecked: Revenge Revisted (4 player racing, micro machines style)
            These were regulars when my friend and I would get together.

Comment

How about recent stuff?

Comment

The Jackbox games are full of lots of titles that are great for video game folks and 'normies' alike. Stick the thing on, everyone can join in and play from their phones/tablets (you can even have people join in from streams and the like), and they're all very easily explained and good fun.

Comment

Right now, Super Mario Party. I'm taking it as a given that most people, though they might not play many videogames, can at least master simple pad controls (otherwise pretty much anything not for the Wii is out). Yeah, it's not the best Mario Party game for core gamers but the way it handles practicing just puts it ahead of anything else like that.

Also back when I had a PSVR, Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes.

Comment

Any Mario Kart, Bomberman, or maybe a Street Fighter game. All of them are safe bets.

Comment

Easy. Smash Bros and Mario Kart.

Comment

Echoing the Jackbox Party Packs suggestion from fuse above. You Don’t Know Jack is a real standout and lots of fun, but other titles like Fibbage are great too. No familiarity with gaming required, they’re humorous and each round takes about 10 to 15, so it’s not a big commitment.

The problem with games like Smash and Mario Kart is that you normally just get one or two people who actually play dominating, and then everyone else getting bored quickly.

Comment

I have them on the ps4 and i'm pretty sure they are on the xbone

Gang Beasts - 4 player physics grappler/puncher, fight on trucks on a motor way, on blimp, on a ferris wheel.

Nidhogg 2 - 1v1, 1-hit deaths,

Chicken Horse - 4 player single screen platform racer, take turns to place objects on the map.

Comment

Super Seducer would be great fun, especially for people who don't know how to play games.

Comment

Overcooked is always a fave.
                              3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Working...
                              X