TEPPEN (mobile)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TEPPEN (mobile)

Started playing TEPPEN this week, which despite the odd name is a semi-realtime card battler made by Capcom and Gungho. It's pretty good! I've found myself really enjoying the battles.

The twist to it is that it isn't turn-based; creatures trade attacks in a kinda-sorta-real-time manner, and when you play "action cards", players have to respond according to a strict timer system.

The card art's pretty good too, featuring a mix of older and newer Capcom stuff.

It's freemium, which will put people off, but it's mainly paid for via a season pass, with each one lasting several months and costing a fiver, which if it's good, I don't mind so much.

Anyone else playing this?

Originally posted by Asura View Post
    but it's mainly paid for via a season pass, with each one lasting several months and costing a fiver

Is it online multiplayer only, or any campaign/single player?

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
      Is it online multiplayer only, or any campaign/single player?
      Both. There's a single player campaign that would last you a couple of evenings, and a set of single player challenges.

Then, the season pass is going to come with more solo campaign missions which will be released over time (but the game is very new so those aren't out yet).

I've really got into the multiplayer aspect. You can pick a flag as part of your avatar; it's awesome being on the bus in the UK and playing against someone as far away as Germany or Japan!

Comment

Both. There's a single player campaign that would last you a couple of evenings, and a set of single player challenges.
        Ta. So it sounds like the single player is more of a tutorial? Do you only earn XP/Rewards for multiplayer though?

Comment

Ta. So it sounds like the single player is more of a tutorial? Do you only earn XP/Rewards for multiplayer though?
          Yeah, I suppose it's more of a tutorial, but there's a decent amount to play. You gain rewards in both, but in truth, the meat of the game is the multiplayer.

Comment

Yeah, I suppose it's more of a tutorial, but there's a decent amount to play. You gain rewards in both, but in truth, the meat of the game is the multiplayer.
            I get it, but it is one of the things I hate about these sorts of games. That more often than not they are multiplayer only (appreciate not quite here). It's one of things I like about The Elder Scrolls Legends for example. The online modes (arena) are also available for offline solo play.

Comment

I get it, but it is one of the things I hate about these sorts of games. That more often than not they are multiplayer only (appreciate not quite here). It's one of things I like about The Elder Scrolls Legends for example. The online modes (arena) are also available for offline solo play.
              Fair. It depends what you want out of it.

This, to me, is the closest thing I've played to Cardfighters Clash since the original - and that excludes the DS version.

Comment

Working...
              X