No announcement yet.

Playstation 5: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm definitely there for PS5, four great consoles in a row makes it a slam dunk and for it's type of experience it's an easy choice as owning a decent PC makes Xbox 4 redundant.

As for the reveals:

-Controller: I can live with that, I like the DS4 so just hope they have ironed out some of the wear and tear kinks
    -Raytracing: Not fussed, it'll be utter guff given the hardware isn't strong enough
    -Filesize: Nice, but I'm almost more interested in whether they're going to sort out download speeds on their servers
    -BluRay: Presumably not a big deal, especially in a world without Metal Gear Solid 6
    -Game Data UI: *shrug*
    -Bluepoint: Definitely interested, really hope it's not Demon's Souls as the world really doesn't need another Souls when FROM are pumping them out. Would be a waste of great talent and even then I wouldn't remotely class it as a 'big one'

Comment

The most exciting news about PS5 is that I won't even need to justify buying one:

Wife: "PS5 is out next year. Are you gonna get it?"

Me: "Not straight away"

Wife: "Why not?"

Me: "I just got a PS4 last year!"

Wife: "So?"

[APPROVED]

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        At this point, knowing a date, but not a price or launch games, who is thinking about getting one?
        I'll be putting down a Pre Order for both the PS5 and Xbox II. I can't wait.

Comment

I think for the next gen, I'll be choosing only one. I tend to find I get less and less from owning both. They both only just get going then get cut down again. I'm half tempted to say sod it and just stick with PC.

Comment

Xbox found its groove far too late this gen because of that atrocious anti-consumer stance when announced.
            It's got its own thing with BC, GamesPass and the X, but Sony just keep matching them (except the BC).

However, I agree that the two consoles are drifting ever-closer and I'm unsure what'll separate them, next gen.

Still not going the PC route, though, as I love the simplicity of sofa gaming and hate PC gaming's feeling that there's always a better component or graphics setting I could be chasing.

Personally, I've only had a PS4 for 2 years, so I've got a massive selection of games to play, which are only going to get cheaper when this gen becomes last gen.

Comment

It's also easy to get burnt by the hype of early new gen games. In a years time, they look distinctly average.

I dunno, there will be a time when I say fook it, and just get my army of speccys out, and never play a next gen game ever again. That time will come.

Comment

It'll all come down to exclusive games next gen, likely hence the panic spending spree at Microsoft of late on devs. Xbox has really opened up in the last two years in terms of tech but for software it's the most dire an Xbox platform has ever been

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                  I dunno, there will be a time when I say fook it, and just get my army of speccys out, and never play a next gen game ever again. That time will come.
                  Whereas I love the simplicity of digital software and there seem to be regular sales now (I think selling at the same price as physical without those associated costs is outrageous!), I'm getting to a point where I'm suspicious of digital content disappearing.

Not only are there dozens of delisted games you can no longer buy digitally, but things like Kodak turning off their photo storage, Flixster and Ultraviolent turning off movies, MySpace deleting 12 years of music and Amazon deleting a book off Kindles after rights issues.

What was the book Amazon deleted, you ask?

However, even if you go physical, it's not like previous gens and the cartridge is the complete game, more often than not, the game isn't on the disc/cart, you have to download it or the game is broken without a day 1 patch.

Having things stored digitally is a great convenience, but if you think you own it, you're a fool.
                  A FOOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                    It'll all come down to exclusive games next gen, likely hence the panic spending spree at Microsoft of late on devs. Xbox has really opened up in the last two years in terms of tech but for software it's the most dire an Xbox platform has ever been
                    I think xbox has an uphill struggle. Even the exclusives they have ain't console sellers. If you look past Halo and Forza does anyone want another Crackdown or Quantum Break?
                    MS will have to launch with a few new potential game franchises which might prove to be a tough sell against Sony.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                      Still not going the PC route, though, as I love the simplicity of sofa gaming and hate PC gaming's feeling that there's always a better component or graphics setting I could be chasing.
                      Me too, though I do like being able to stream games to my shield on the Big tv and I do like playing the Arma series. Loved this gen really enjoyed PS VR and the One X as been the best console I've owned since the OG Xbox.

Looking forward to both next-gen consoles from MS and SONY

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                        If you look past Halo and Forza does anyone want another Crackdown or Quantum Break?.
                        I would love another Quantum Break. Never been the biggest Crackdown fan but Crackdown 3 was really fun and its the one Xbox game that would have actually benefitted from 4 players multiplayer. It's sad we'll not see Ryse II, I loved the 1st game a Big Budget OTT Golden Axe type game that was great fun.

I really hope SONY look to make Killzone 5 and for it to go back to the Killzone 2 look and gameplay

Comment

I love PC gaming, best platform bar none. That said I'm sick of the component prices increasing so much, particularly in the UK. Obsolescence doesn't bother me in that there's always something to tempt you to upgrade (PS4 Pro).

Definitely buying a PS5 it just comes down to when. I purchased the PS4 at launch and tbh I didn't play much at all on that machine initially. It wasn't really until the Destiny Alpha came along that it got serious use. Backwards compatibility changes everything but then you might as well just play on the existing hardware as I think this feature becomes more useful for older games or later on in the generation. As much as I love the excitement of a launch there is a lot to be said for waiting too.

Looking forward to the unveiling of both new machines.

Comment

I have moved to 100% PC gaming so it will depend exclusives for me, disapointed though that they didnt move the thumb sticks on the pad.

PS Pad is easily the worst around right now.

Comment

PS5 on launch day for me.

Comment

I do wonder what direction MS will pursue in setting up new IP. Sony has a lot of success but it's come from its studios having years upon years of building towards the point they're at, MS's studios and newly acquired ones will have to determine market trends and have enough level of polish to chance success. I think it's one of the reasons Fable makes the rumour rounds so often as it's one of the few dormant franchises MS has that could easily be reinvented as a AAA major franchise. Gears of War is what it is at this point and, like Forza Motorsport and Halo, is past its prime so will just tick along. Crackdown is dead. The original was the king, the second the nails in the coffin and Crackdown 3 was them burying it 5 miles underground at the bottom of the sea, no chance they'll revisit that franchise now.

Comment

Working...
                                X