No announcement yet.

The Outer Worlds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also work from the assumption that it isn't going to be feasible for Game Pass to continue indefinitely under current pricing so racking up low cost/free sub time could become critical down the line

Comment

The great thing about it is that you can sub for a month or two when required. And if The Outer Worlds doesn't have a nice limited collectors edition or other compelling reason to get physical or purchase outright, then it is more of a reason to try GP imo.

For me there is loads on there I'd like to play. Older not as critically acclaimed games like ReCore or State of Decay 2. But mostly loads of indie stuff like Wargroove, Into the Breach, Oxenfree. Even looking at the Windows 10 App now there are loads of titles that have appeared on the service since I last looked. Not enough time.

Comment

[MENTION=6808]Cepp[/MENTION]

If you aren't a current subscriber, you can get a month of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate or Xbox Game Pass for PC for £1.00.

Comment

Originally posted by Deuteros View Post
          @Cepp

If you aren't a current subscriber, you can get a month of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate or Xbox Game Pass for PC for £1.00.
          Even better! Cheers mate

Comment

Hmm i had subbed for £1 and it ended and i did not continue and seemed to come up again for £1 i wonder if i can keep repeating it

Comment

You can. These offers aren't just for first-time users, they're for anyone not currently a subscriber.

Don't forget to immediately cancel auto-renewal, otherwise you'll be automatically charged monthly.

Comment

There is some crazy deal going on for game pass here:

If I want already subscribed until Nov 2021...

Comment

Preload for The Outer Worlds is up on the Xbox/Microsoft Store, including Game Pass. Apparently 36GB.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the...e-36gb.146789/

Comment

Yep I've preloaded it.

Like others I'm loving game pass for many of the same reasons but it also lets me try out games I may then potentially buy on other platforms (switch). I've been enjoying slay the spire and wargroove which has me now keeping an eye on the switch pricing to grab them when they're cheap.

Sustainable or not game pass is THE best thing about Xbox right now and the best thing of all is it'll still be something I'm subscribed to when the next console lands.

Comment

I think the current offers probably are not something that will be sustained. There are so many generous offers available all the time to get people using the service right now. That's probably something that will start to die away once they feel like they've reached some kind of critical mass in terms of userbase.

But at £10.99 a month for Ultimate, sure, with the proviso that I basically know nothing about the financials and could well be talking out of my rear, it instinctively sounds sustainable from what we've seen in how music, films and television are sold now.

You could always just sub for a month, play through a game, and then cancel, but you could do the same thing with Netflix shows - watch 5 series of something which would cost you £50 or £60 on Blu-Ray or iTunes, then cancel. But people don't. When there's a regular flow of quality content, it becomes a primary way to access that type of entertainment, and most users remain subscribed ongoing.

The key is the regular flow of quality content. Microsoft are quite obviously aiming to build for a future where services are more important than hardware. It's a great idea - just as long as they get the content right. This gen has been a very poor one for first party Microsoft software.

EDIT: Also, I've preloaded this game too! It looks great! Excited to give it a try.

EDIT 2: Also, Nonny, I totally agree that Game Pass is the best thing about Xbox. It's Microsoft's (probably only) true killer app this generation. It's a good one though. I really like the service.
                      Last edited by wakka; 13-10-2019, 20:38.

Comment

I'm holding out until closer to the release date, want to maximise my month

Comment

Still on my first month of Game Pass for PC and I've already clocked a State of Decay 2 coop campaign and done half of Gears 5. Messed about on Forza Horizon too. Not bad for a quid!

Also, my email when purchasing the game pass said this:

You'll be billed every month at £1.00 until you cancel. We'll email you ahead of time if that price ever changes.
                          Is that a mistake? I will never unsub if this stays at £1 lol.

Comment

Crazy stuff haha. Are downloads working alright now? Last time I tried a few years back my downloads kept restarting.

Comment

I know, the value is insane. I got a year of ultimate for something like £15 all in. That £1 thing sounds like a glitch but if it actually stays at £1....:O

Are you guys using the mobile app? Actually works really well for setting stuff to download remotely.

Comment

Yeah I use the mobile app all the time. You should also abuse the rewards system MS has that digifox mentioned further up... It's quite easy to recoup a few thousand points a month and 5800 = £5 to spend on the game store or to extend your subscription.

I generally save up a tenner and wait till something juicy hits a sale price and pick up a few games that way.

Comment

Working...
                                X