Terminator III: Dark Fate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't argue with any of that, Dogg.

I think the reason why it was the end of The Terminator was that it finished the story.

Every film after that has retconned some of the events of the first two films, when nobody was really looking for the story to be changed.

Personally, I think Arnold should licence the scan of his 1984 face and just let "synthespians" do the rest of the acting.
    Human body and CGI face like in Genysis and Salvation.
    Then it doesn't have to be about THE Terminator, but about Terminators.

Deffo intrigued to see this, even though it just seems to be a megamix of old ideas.

(I still think T1 is the best one in the series)

Comment

T2 turned Arnie into Barney, it all equates to a big-sounding fart that contains no turd.

Comment

Yeah, i agree. I love T2, but it tonely changed everything. I know why Jim did it. He wanted to flip things on it's head so when you watch it for the first time you don't know if the T1000 is the good guy or the bad etc. He wanted to push CGI tech to the limit at the time too. But it was also written as a book end; it finishes off the story. Any sequels then have to back peddle on the resolution and use elements from T2 to continue the theme. I personally would have like to see a sequel go back to the original horror roots.

Comment

I've wondered if, despite fan adoration for T1, Cameron made T2 the way he did because of not just having the opportunity but also it being how he actually wanted the property to be. T1 is so heavily constrained by its budget that it may just be the way it is out of necessity. Then again, rare as it is he makes sequels, Aliens also showed he loves to explore the seed of an idea and branch it heavily out. Hopefully something he hasn't lost so that Avatar 2 has more to it than the original. That and that chatter is right and Dark Fate also has more to it than the trailers suggest.

Comment

He probably made it that way so it made a lot more money. Despite me preferring the original, one couldn't argue its sequel was a massive, zeitgeist-surfing spectacle at the time of its release, T2-mania was *massive*.

Hell, people were even happily paying £20 for bad VHS dupes of it. In 1991!

Comment

Warner Bros. Pictures has released a few new photos from director Tim Miller’s “Terminator: Dark Fate” ahead of its opening later this Fall. The photos appeared in Total Film (via Games Radar) and, whilst speaking to that outlet, producer Bonnie Curtis re-affirms the new film’s sequel status: “There was the first movie. Then there was […]

Some new photo's. One thing I think they're failing with at the moment with this is on selling the core concept. Last years Halloween showed that you can overcome years of sequels if you sell the core nostalgia of the new film being a true replacement sequel to a beloved original. Dark Fate doesn't seem to be doing that at all, in trailers it looks indistinguishable as a sequel from the other three that already exist and simply dropping Linda Hamilton in there isn't enough to change that. They need a trailer that explicitly recaps T1 and T2 blatantly leading into DF.

Comment

I agree it killed the franchise, but I also believe it tried to "end" it, which has unfortunately become a difficult thing for our culture to accept - that entertainment properties can have their time and end. There was nothing wrong with it just being 2 movies.

Comment

Dark Fate is 2hrs 8mins long.

Comment

Watched the trailer at the cinema and thought it looked pretty epic.

Comment

I'm actually looking forward to this!

Comment

I've been bitten more than once with a new Terminator film. I'm not holding out much hope. I'll wait for the reviews.

Comment

Constant mini-trailers of this on YouTube currently making me feel punched in the lower gut every time I go on there.

This looks *terrible*.

Terrible, terrible, terrible.

I hope it's decent. But by god it looks terrible.

It's no wonder I'm going back to old 60s movies. This stuff is silly. Terminator looks like a sales rep ffs.

Come on, who actually WANTS this???

Like I said, I DO hope it's good. But hope is about as effective as farts in a gunfight.

Comment

Anyway, I'm sure it will be as good as Genisys.

Comment

Just wanted to share this sweeeet pic.

Comment

Paramount have released 8 new posters:

And an R-Rated cut of the trailer:

Comment

Working...
                                X