User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Star Wars Battlefront 2 [PC/PS4/XB1]

Playing the PS4 version here.

So far, my only issue with the game is that there seemed to be some game-freezing going on on the Jakku level, and I'm talking like a half-second freeze which could have ended me a couple of times.

Otherwise, I had a lot of fun running around and zapping people in the main multiplayer mode and blast.
    They've taken the controls from Battlefield 4 and Battlefront and mixed them into something better. The dodge-roll has been tighten up from the first game and is much easier to do, but then they've mapped the duck control to the same button but without the player pushing a direction.

It looks just the business with lush forest and dark night battles and lasers zinging about everywhere. I've found the progression to be slow but steady. The weapon unlocks are all kill-related rather than being dependent on the whole loot-crate random nonsense.

I've not touched the campaign yet.

When gaming finally arrives where it's headed and is ruined for good, I'll know who to point at and lay blame!
    Not really. I'm just making fun of what many gamers believe!

Good on ya for not being cowed by the mob, man.

How are the flight parts? I'm only interested in those, so I'll probably pick this up on a later date, maybe during the coming month as there apparently will be a discount.

I've not been on Starfighter mode, but I expect they'll play like the beta. I'll give a go later today.

Is there a main reason why you haven't touched the campaign yet? That was my favourite part of the original games and seeing how badly they handled this one I am waiting to see if it gets improved before touching it personally.

Please post your thoughts on the campaign when you start it - I never play multi-player, so if I get this game, it will be only for the single-player bit.

Sorry, still enjoying the multiplayer. Had a good few hours on Starfighter mode yesterday and had a good old time. Starting to understand the card system a little better now, crafted some upgrades for my ships.

Despite al the bad press Iíve been having a ball with this. Single player is ok, but less than 5 hours on the hardest setting. Itís very much just a short fan service.

It has an arcade mode which again has some fan service in that adds a few extra hours.

Multiplayer is great fun but the progression is borked, Iím surprised this hasnít been addressed yet. Iím not a Star Wars fan at all but being the old man that I am itís super easy to pickup and play.

Quote Originally Posted by djtickle View Post
    Despite al the bad press I’ve been having a ball with this. Single player is ok, but less than 5 hours on the hardest setting. It’s very much just a short fan service.

It has an arcade mode which again has some fan service in that adds a few extra hours.

Multiplayer is great fun but the progression is borked, I’m surprised this hasn’t been addressed yet. I’m not a Star Wars fan at all but being the old man that I am it’s super easy to pickup and play.
    How dare you enjoy it too! There can only be one!

Yeah the progression is a pain. Craft an upgrade for one class and play that as your main until you get more credits and crafting parts together.

I thought about getting this, but I too never play online multiplayer. In CEX they had so many copies it almost rivalled the racks of FIFA games in there!