No announcement yet.

Shenmue 3 PS4 & PC SERIOUSLY HAPPENING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was watching some gameplay footage of this. I really didn't like it. The animation looks very last gen. Its like they are just using an out the box 'walking animation asset'.

Comment

I'm happy with the doll-like models, stilted animation and bored-sounding voices as it's consistent with the series as a whole.

My main worries are that the setting may not be quite as interesting as the previous two (might be a bit rural!), the lack of Sega assets (presumably won't be any Bonanza Bros capsule toys or Hang-On machines in this), lower production values probably giving a bit of a cut-down experience (I bet they won't have unique music for almost every shop!).

That said, I'm confident it'll be good (if not quite as grand as the others) and above all else I'm glad that Yu Suzuki is getting to do it.

Comment

That was one of my few misgivings, the rurality of it. But it might turn out to be a good thing? We'll have to play it and see.

The arcade game thing IS a bit of a crushing blow. I just hope they put other playable stuff in the arcades to make up for it.

I am expecting this to be a Shenmue game. It certainly looks like it's going to be one, so far. Unless they turn it into an FPS at the last minute.

Comment

Got a shipping confirmation today for my PS4 copy.
          Still feels surreal to see “Shenmue 3 shipped” in an email after all this time.

Comment

Still waiting...maybe its a later shipping from Japan.

Comment

Yeah no email here yet either. Hopefully soon!

Comment

Wait, we're at release time? And it's actually getting released? Is this confirmed?

I honestly expected it to slip to 2020. I'm not ready. I'm not emotionally prepared.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                  Wait, we're at release time?
                  Shenmue 3 is out on the 19th Nov (PSN). Although not sure if a hint of sarcasm...

Comment

"I'm looking for the man you killed my preorder"

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                      Wait, we're at release time? And it's actually getting released? Is this confirmed?

I honestly expected it to slip to 2020. I'm not ready. I'm not emotionally prepared.
                      It's happening mate! You should have had emails from Fangamer confirming your delivery address and stuff if you were a backer.

I'm really looking forward to this

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                        It's happening mate! You should have had emails from Fangamer confirming your delivery address and stuff if you were a backer.

I'm really looking forward to this
                        I think I haven't got those because I went for PC. All my rewards are digital.

Comment

Launch Trailer: https://youtu.be/259RtvcEuRo

I see the English voice acting is up to the same standard set by the previous releases

Comment

Originally posted by Lyris View Post
                            Launch Trailer: https://youtu.be/259RtvcEuRo

I see the English voice acting is up to the same standard set by the previous releases
                            Yep! Nice to see it keeps with tradition!

I got the trailer sent by e-mail as a Kickstarter update, they must be proud they sent it 14 times!

Comment

Ha! Same. I got a lot of those mails.

Comment

Originally posted by dyer60 View Post
                                I got the trailer sent by e-mail as a Kickstarter update, they must be proud they sent it 14 times!
                                Yes, it's one for each year we've been waiting for the next part of the story. The other 4 must have got flagged as spam.

Comment

Working...
                                X