Playstation 5: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brad View Post
    That game becoming a ps5 exclusive will have zero impact on the value of a used PS4.
    Not specifically, no I meant that consoles generally start to tumble in value pre-owned when (1) the successor console is announced (doubly if that console has backwards compatibility) and (2) when the exclusives start to dry up. Both those things are going to start around now.

Comment

My PS4 is so knackered sounding at this point I’d probably only get about a quid for it to be fair.

I’ve had my 300 squids worth out of it over the last 5 years that’s for sure.

TBH Ghosts of Tsushima will probably be a pretty solid launch game, I don’t think this is a bad move. Normally we get complete drivel at launch but between this and Halo Infinite, we might actually have some quite good stuff this time.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
        That's my feeling too. Mine owes me nowt.

Comment

The trouble I find is that if they Americanise the PS5, whats the point in getting both that and an xbox. The only reason I got the PS4 was because it tended to have more Japanese games. With Yakuza making the move to PC, they just make less sense.

Comment

Getting both the Xbox Box Next and PS 5. Can't wait , PC never been for me but I'm not knocking it as a fantastic gaming platform.

Comment

Maybe Sony is banking on making people think 'why would I get a PS5 and an XB4', it's clear they'd win that battle.

Comment

I desperately want to be sensible when the next generation of consoles arrive. Not rush in at launch. Not have to own both. I want to be that guy, I really do ... but it probably won't happen

Comment

I feel like I've literally just switched it on.

Comment

I'm concerned about the potential American influence on the PS5. I hope it doesn't result in the Japanese developers buggering off to mobile platforms or something. Or trying to do their own brand of lame FPS clones that don't end up appealing to anyone. Luckily, I'm always happy to sit back and watch what happens for the first few years of a new console generation. It's usually borderline pap to begin with anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                      I feel like I've literally just switched it on.
                      I wouldn’t worry, most stuff will be cross gen about the first couple of years I reckon.

Where are the fears about the Americanisation of the PS5 coming from?
                      Last edited by wakka; 24-10-2019, 12:13.

Comment

I wouldn’t worry, most stuff will be cross gen about the first couple of years I reckon.
                        Indeed there's probably no chance developers and publishers abandon the existing gen that quick.

Also there is loads of multiplatform GaaS games like Fortnite, Warframe, Rocket League, The Elder Scrolls Online, Path of Exile etc. that all need to make the journey to PS5 (and Xbox Scarlett). Although I personally hope stuff like Warframe and The Elder Scrolls Online use these new machines as an opportunity to go full cross-play so that we can at last have a chance to switch formats. Even if it's just cross-save like the recent Destiny 2 relaunch.

Comment

Where are the fears about the Americanisation of the PS5 coming from?
                          New guidelines about game content unrelated to any rating system (CERO, ESRB, PEGI, USK, etc.). These guidelines are geared in limiting sexaulized content in games, or better what cultures outside Japan perceived as sexualized.
                          Due to these guidelines the upcoming Senran Kagura was rejected and possibly cancelled as following those guidelines would have required a complete rework of the game and, according to the director, lose what SK is about.
                          As a more concrete result, some games available on multiple platforms are more censored on PS4.
                          This in contrast to Microsoft and Nintendo which are happy in just the official CERO/ESRB/PEGI rating.

This is not to say that Sony is alone in this matter, almost every company is moving towards this "one size fits all": for example Nintendo is basing the Switch version of Tokyo Mirage Session on the western release, which features less revealing outfits.

Comment

Is that it? A bit less ecchi? Doesn't seem that bad

Comment

Is that it? A bit less ecchi? Doesn't seem that bad
                              It's sod all to do with that. Sony are closing playstation europe and handing global control of the playstation to the US division.

Comment

Ah OK. What else is there - can anyone give me a fuller explanation of what's going on? I'm genuinely interested, I'm not taking the piss.

Comment

Working...
                                X