Xbox 360 console best version.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox 360 console best version.

Never had a 360 but got an urge to pick one up, to play a couple of exclusive games, just wondering what is the best (UK) version to get, and what price is the going rate?

I would suggest one of the later E models. Smallish, quiet and built-in wifi. Although the E model does lack an optical output. If that's important to you go for a S.

Comment

Definitely do not buy the early 'fat' models. They were horrendously unreliable. They looked pretty cool, though.

Comment

I have a boxed 'E' model that I think looks really cool. I've been using an 'S' model as my go-to machine and it runs cool and never has any problems. Looks like an 'E' model goes for between £40-£60 depending on the HDD size.

I have nightmares of my original Xbox getting the RROD.
        Last edited by Leon Retro; 20-08-2019, 17:19.

Comment

I 've got the Halo Reach model and think it looks fab. Though depending on the games, I would look to buy a XBox One S instead, given the remarkable BC emu on that

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
            I 've got the Halo Reach model and think it looks fab. Though depending on the games, I would look to buy a XBox One S instead, given the remarkable BC emu on that
            Yeah, but you're looking at £270 for a disc version of the One S, as opposed to starting price of £35 for a 360S at CEX.

Also, not every game is backwards compatible, so if you're going the One route, might be worth checking the list of backwards compatible games as the lack of a lot of games means I've not got rid of my 360:

Comment

Yeah, the backwards compatibility is very well implemented, but compatibility is far from universal. It’s ridiculous how cheap 360s and the software for them is now too.

Comment

Tempted to buy a backup 360 now they've stopped making them.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                  Yeah, but you're looking at £270 for a disc version of the One S, as opposed to starting price of £35 for a 360S at CEX.

Also, not every game is backwards compatible, so if you're going the
                  Brand new maybe, but you can get A One for well under £200 if one looks around . Not only do you get a One but with Game Pass and BC you can build up a nice set of games on the cheap and the system is a half decent BluRay and UHD player too.

I do wish Binary Domain was BC mind

Comment

I've got the Halo Reach model and think it looks fab.
                    That's the one I have. Nice looking system

Comment

If you want to play Raiden Fighters Aces, you'll need a US machine. Like me. Yeah.

Comment

Brand new maybe, but you can get A One for well under £200 if one looks around . Not only do you get a One but with Game Pass and BC you can build up a nice set of games on the cheap and the system is a half decent BluRay and UHD player too.

I do wish Binary Domain was BC mind
                        That's still a fair chunk of change between the two prices and should bag you a massive library to work through.

I get where you're coming from, though, it's just I wanted to highlight the price discrepancy and the incomplete BC library.

It's also worth noting that Microsoft have stopped making games backwards compatible.
                        Some bittersweet news this E3: Microsoft has announced another batch of games from the original Xbox and Xbox 360 that it will bring to the Xbox One via backward compatibility—but it’ll be the final batch.

Comment

I think it really just comes down to what you want to play. If you just want a games machine, any games machine, yeah, get a One. It's a current system with new games being released for it, and you can get a used machine for ~£120 or less if you shop around. As a bonus, some 360 stuff works.

If you specifically want to explore the 360 library, then you might as well just buy a good condition used 360 for £60. You'll then have 100% compatibility with all software (most of said software costing you about £2 to £5!).

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            That's still a fair chunk of change between the two prices and should bag you a massive library to work through.

I get where you're coming from, though, it's just I wanted to highlight the price discrepancy and the incomplete BC library.

It's also worth noting that Microsoft have stopped making games backwards compatible.
                            https://kotaku.com/microsoft-ends-xb...ith-1835391786
                            My mate picked up a One S for 150 quid and a few games, thrown in Game Pass and one is laughing. Think the One S is a much better system, it looks better, it's more reliable, very quite and plays most of the better 360 games far better than the 360 it's self

Plus you also get a bigger harddrive and better 5g Wi Fi built in. I can think of just a few 360 games that I like to BC, that aren't

Comment

That's a great deal. Still £115 difference to spend on games if he goes the 360 route!

Joking aside, I'd ration yourself to a few games that you "must play", rather than get hundreds of them and not commit to any of them properly.

Comment

Working...
                              X