No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still don't really think of the PSP as retro, but it's certainly not new.

Got some very long flights in January, thought about getting a Vita but really I don't have that many PSP games so I thought I'd get a few "new" ones and take that instead. Prices are in that lovely "dirt cheap" range at the moment!

Comment

Ridge Racers is the bomb. I absolutely loved that when it came out. Blew my mind!

Comment

Decided to give up on trying to get my Japanese PSone to work with my tv via the framemeister as it's just unuseable so i am going about it via a different tactic. I have picked up another psone screen to replace the one i used to have a long time ago before it broke on me. You get a pretty nice image out of the PSone screen, looks like i'll be small screen gaming on this one from here on out but least the image wont look like jank or be so delayed that you are already missing gameplay because the damn thing takes an age to switch resolutions.

Looked on ebay and the prices are stupidly high so i settled on amazon J, was actually cheaper to buy the combo bundle than get the screen on its own so if my other console dies i have a spare, not bad for £88 doesn't look to be yellowed either.
        Last edited by importaku; 10-11-2019, 23:20.

Comment

Simulates a Commodore 1541 Floppy Drive. Works great!

EDIT: Just noticed that label is wonky!

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
            Decided to give up on trying to get my Japanese PSone to work with my tv via the framemeister as it's just unuseable so i am going about it via a different tactic. I have picked up another psone screen to replace the one i used to have a long time ago before it broke on me. You get a pretty nice image out of the PSone screen, looks like i'll be small screen gaming on this one from here on out but least the image wont look like jank or be so delayed that you are already missing gameplay because the damn thing takes an age to switch resolutions.

Looked on ebay and the prices are stupidly high so i settled on amazon J, was actually cheaper to buy the combo bundle than get the screen on its own so if my other console dies i have a spare, not bad for £88 doesn't look to be yellowed either.
            You and your TV will likely love the OSSC I didn't get on with the framemeister at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post

I hope it's better than the originals

Comment

Still just as slow. Considering getting an ultimate 64...

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                  Still just as slow. Considering getting an ultimate 64...
                  Lot of money. A mate has one. I quite like the idea of a fancy coloured case etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                    You and your TV will likely love the OSSC I didn't get on with the framemeister at all.
                    From what i have read up the ossc is a bit better with ps1 but the delay is still there when switching between resolutions on PS1 games, this was my main problem as it makes pop n music totaly unplayable as by the time the resolution has switched and the screen has appeared you have already missed a handful of notes. It's the only console that has given my framemeister huge problems as it's unfortunate enough that some of my fave games have resolution switching in them so the delay is painful.

Thankfully with a PS1 screen there will be zero lag so rhythm games will play perfect and at that smaller size a lot of games end up looking a lot nicer. I'll just have to use my PS1 classic and emulate if i want games on my big screen TV and use my PSOne for playing my original collection.

Comment

I forgot about the 240p/480i shifts. Bloody nightmare on the framemeister!

Comment

I was born in 1991 so this isn't really my generation, but I did have a hand me down C64 when I was around 12 years old which I credit for getting me interested in interactive fiction (and teaching me patience). It always amazes me googling nowadays how much hardware development and support is around now, and that if I wanted to I could go nuts and piece together a totally new C64. Really cool to see the enthusiasm making all this stuff available about 35 years from the systems hayday

Comment

I forgot about the 240p/480i shifts. Bloody nightmare on the framemeister!
                          Yeah for the price the thing costs the switching delays are unacceptable.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                            Yeah for the price the thing costs the switching delays are unacceptable.
                            I started using my old 14" Sony TV after framemeister pissed me off Still space friendly! Just suggesting it for the sake of your eyes!

Then I upgraded to a 24" BVM. To hell with space constraints!

Now I drive a 4x4 and light cigars with £50 notes

(I'm only joking, J. I don't drive)

Last edited by Zaki; 11-11-2019, 13:37.

Comment

I started using my old 14" Sony TV after framemeister pissed me off Still space friendly! Just suggesting it for the sake of your eyes!

Then I upgraded to a 24" BVM. To hell with space constraints!

If i had the space i might have gone down the CRT route as it's just a hassle nowadays trying to get retro stuff to work with modern sets which was the reason i got a scaler in the first place, never expected the framemeister to have such a flaw. With the PS1 screen thats all the hardware i used to have back in my collection i never had a problem with the screen size as i used to play it up close. Now if only i could find one of those portable batteries i could take it out with me as a portable to work to play at lunchbreak. Sadly any trace of those batteries from the 90's has long dried up. Wonder if i could make one using a power bank as battery technology has improved since then.

Have to admit playing DDR using this setup is going to be hillarious.

Comment

And wear thick jamjar bottom glasses

Comment

Working...
                                X