Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to Chipshop 2000 in Liverpool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was properly taken aback when he appeared in this thread*.

*I thought he'd died years ago

Comment

He really was like Andre the G though. This a great thread- very nostalgic for me. I didn't know there were so many forumites from Liverpool! And a visit from the man himself was brilliant.

Comment

That Lime Street photo is how I remember it too, such a boring forgettable, facade to those buildings now.

Loved Aladdin's Palace, remember watching people get a dig in the ribs when doing throws in SFII!

Comment

Mad. I remember going into Aladdin's Palace and seeing the crowds around SFII. I played an older lad who went to my school (Childwall) who schooled me with Zangief and I was left amazed lol.

Games I remember from there
          The NeoGeo machine - in the corner
          Hard Drivin' - in front of the coin counter person booth
          2 or even 3 SFII machines
          TMNT 4 player
          WWF game around corner by fruit machines..

Comment

never went to Liverpool for game stuff, Console Concepts near Stoke was the place to be. Great guys running it. I bought a ton of stuff there.

Comment

I remember Las Vegas on the corner and then there was monte carlo and everyone’s favourite Aladdin’s Palace. Monte Carlo was mainly fruit machines.

I remember when Aladdin’s palace got ‘sonic blast man’ for a period and it invited all the wrong crowds coming in and smashing the machine to death...

As someone said earlier, Lime Street looks nothing like that photo anymore... A massive Lidl occupies that space now...

Comment

Hi Staxx,
                This is a blast from the past.
                Remember all of those stores... Also the likes of Martin, Alan, Ken and Lee.
                Time flies.. 30 years on from some of those shops.

44 now...

Still occasionally hear what Martin's upto on FB and he does the occasional car boot sale.

Loved that period of time, those arcades but sadly all gone.

Quite a few off us from Liverpool on here.
                Last edited by sanjeev; 08-11-2019, 20:40.

Comment

Las Vegas is where I would get my Ridge Racer fill.

Comment

Originally posted by sanjeev View Post
                    Quite a few off us from Liverpool on here.
                    it would seem that way. Wouldn't be surprised if we all had a game with one another some time in the past as we seem to be around the same age too. 44 myself in 2 weeks.

Comment

Hi Sanjeev, I think we definitely crossed paths and know each other. Does this word “Verma” ring a bell? 😀

Comment

Originally posted by Staxx View Post
                        Hi Sanjeev, I think we definitely crossed paths and know each other. Does this word “Verma” ring a bell? 😀
                        Ha..it defo does 😀

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                          it would seem that way. Wouldn't be surprised if we all had a game with one another some time in the past as we seem to be around the same age too. 44 myself in 2 weeks.
                          45 in December. Yeah, a few of us probably have!!

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                            I was 44 just this week! Creeeepyyyy

Comment

To add more creepiness to this thread, I join the 40s club in two weeks time...

Comment

I'm 42 too, so I must have bumped into some of you in the past.

Comment

Working...
                                X