No announcement yet.

Death Stranding - PS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting much more bold with the BTs now. Managed to snowboard through a big clump of them without getting caught.

Comment

Not reading any of the above yet as I don’t want any spoilers. But I’m now almost 9 hours in and I absolutely love it. This is such a cool game. It plays brilliantly, I love how kinetic Sam feels.

Man, eff the haters. There were so many happily condemning this in the Gaming Discussion thread before it even came out. This game rules.

Comment

24 hours in. It’s absolutely brilliant. The sense of achievement you get from other people using your infrastructure, finding a rope just when you need it, or a time fall shelter. Thinking you need to trudge across arduous terrain and then seeing that a road has been built. The music coming in at exactly the right time. The gadgets!

My goty for sure, by miles.

Comment

Finished it yesterday. I've seen reviews say the plot is convoluted or non-sensical and it absolutely isn't. Almost everything is explained far more clearly than some of the denser parts of MGS lore. I had a bug where the end sequence broke and didn't kick in when it should which took the edge off though.

I clocked in a 42 hour play through and got as much out of it as I wanted. The best bit was helping people complete structures and roads. Spent ages loading up trucks full of materials and ferrying them to the auto pavers. I'd really like to see more games do this kind of asynchronous collaboration.

Comment

A synchronous co op mode would be amazing too but yeah, the asynchronous collaboration is the best implementation I’ve ever seen.

Comment

picked up a copy and looking forward to starting this!

Comment

Had a brilliant time on this today. The area I'm in is developing well, and feels really good making contributions to the road system, etc. I stole a truck off the Mules and I've been loading it up to the hilt and making good on big deliveries. On my way around I found myself taking on additional orders along the way thinking 'yeah, that's not too far' or 'that's on my route'

A great moment came from the crushing realisation I had a load of cargo for an Elder, but he's at the top of a mountain ... quick look around and someone had roped all the routes up ... dream come true. Love it.

Thinking about this and Metal Gear V is the big difference for me is I feel the benefit of every tiny step forward. Every gear upgrade or unlock. In MGSV I felt I was equipped to handle most situations from the off ... and the constant barrage of gear thrown at me was just overload ... variation should I fancy a different approach. With Death Stranding every little thing helps you and feels good.

Class game. Best i've played all year along with Resi Evil 2.

Comment

I finished this last night with about 65 hours clocked, I really did enjoy every moment with it and I’ll be quite happy to put it on my end of year GOTY list.

It’s certainly not for everyone but some of the sandbox style gameplay I experienced did make me smile, seeing things appear around the map as you progress, also it was very smart requiring you to unlock a network/section before you can see other peoples signs and infrastructures in that actual section, initially means you may struggle to get there at first, have to put some thought in and plan your journey but once you’ve unlock it you see just how helpful the rest of the community have been in that area.

I loved contributing to pavers, almost became a mission of mine to pave every road, also signposting directions to every memory chip I found hidden away.

Kojima’s writing sure can have some cheesy and sometimes cringe worthy dialogue BUT I was actually pleased with this story and how it was wrapped up, I would go as far as to say if your playing though it’s worthwhile reading the interviews/memos as they unlock, they explain some back story and context which increased my enjoyment of the story overall.

I’d give it 9 kojeems out of 10.

Ending Spoiler town, don’t read unless you’ve finished it.

Sam being the OG BB whilst Cliff thinks Lou is Sam took me by surprise, never once thought that Sam was Cliff’s son, so that was a solid reveal. He just wanted his BB back.
                  The incinerator at the start was a somber way to start, incredibly fitting going back there at the end with Lou and that entire situation, BB’s Theme as well *sobs*. There was SO much to digest overall about the Amelie story though, may need some time to think that one over. Although Kojima did bash us around the head at the end of the game with the credit explanation.

Last edited by Family Fry; 23-11-2019, 16:32.

Comment

I really enjoyed using the motorbike on this to travel when opportunity arises. This game really starts to open up on Chapter 3. Like the parts where Kojima makes you feel isolated so far.

Comment

I’m some way into chapter 3 and I’ve just stopped the story and I’m like, ok, someone’s got to sort the transportation routes out and I guess that’s me.

Been stealing everything I need from mules. Got my speed exo skeleton on so I can leap massive gaps and the mules can’t follow me quickly. So much fun nicking stuff off them.

Comment

I think pretty much everyone I know that's played this has said to hold on to Chapter 3. I'm not yet at Chapter 3, but I'm still having quite a bit of fun with this, so I figure if there's this massive leap in playability come then, I should be a very happy man when I get there.

There are a few things bugging me; most of the cut scenes are overly long and hammy (not surprised, but...), and I feel like the UI is possibly the most over-engineered thing I've even seen. Most importantly though, I am enjoying pottering about like a Chuckle Brother, loaded up to the gills with rubbish and trying to stay upright, and the nature of leaving things set up for other folks is a far better implemented version of a persistent collaborative multiplayer world. LIKE.

Comment

Yeah, it really clicked with me at chapter 3. I'm still there and in no hurry to move on.

Comment

Anyone still playing this?

Comment

Yeah but probably not for much longer though, I’ve only got 15 memory chips to find and that’s me got the platinum, sitting at about 120 hours now, it’s been my goto chill out game.

Comment

I want to get back to it. I barely scratched the surface. Call of Duty been sucking all my gaming time up though. There was a new update recently.

Comment

Working...
                                X