Homeworld 3 [& Mobile]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeworld 3 [& Mobile]

An announcement trailer has been released, and this thing is so new that the link at the end of the trailer and in the Youtube description leads to a 404 page...and is that link for? A ****ing crowfunding campaing.
    Really, Gearbox? Really?

Anyway, not much has been shown, with the excepion of what looks the Eye Of Arraan from the ending of Homeworld 2. Not even a hint of the platform, though I doubt it'll reach consoles.

Last edited by briareos_kerensky; 31-08-2019, 07:36.

Because...I don't really want to understand why, Homeworld will reach smartphones all around the galaxy in Homeworld Mobile.

Comment

I wonder how much the recent remaster of the first games sold.

Comment

If by recent you mean 2015...I don't know. Homeworld has never been a huge seller, and probably Deserts Of Kharak didn't perform all that well.

Comment

Gameplay trailer revealed for Homeworld 3

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
            Gameplay trailer revealed for Homeworld 3
            Honestly that's the perfect sequel trailer, as a fan of the original.

Looks spectacular, sounds great - but everything seems to build on my memories of the original.

Comment

Postponed from February 2024 to March 8, 2024.

Comment

Further postponed to May 13.

Comment

There's a demo available for this on Steam at the moment. I've had a play with it, seems okay, but the control scheme is a bit weird, doesn't really conform to traditional RTS models.

There's a lot of emphasis on squad formations and stances, and which you'd use for which situation isn't really explained at all, other than it'd give you different weapon spread.

I found the UI to be a bit unresponsive at times, it definitely felt like it needed a bit more polish, but I didn't think it was terrible so perhaps this extra time will be worthwhile.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                    There's a lot of emphasis on squad formations and stances, and which you'd use for which situation isn't really explained at all, other than it'd give you different weapon spread.
                    That's Homeworld, particularly HW2. The UI has always been weird, and it took years for developers to have it scale correctly in HW2 and HWR.

Comment

Working...
                    X