No announcement yet.

Google Stadia: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd expect someone like fammydodd owning a stadia, but not you TA.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
      I'm just saying the set up is easy and quite a lot of services ask for your card details (even if you already paid) I'm shocked at how basic and bare-bones its all seems, but you can see the 'potential' in the tech. I'm far more impressed with XCloud mind never mind. Not that I think they are any better than a physical half decent spec console

Comment

unimpressed-look.jpg

Comment

Ha joke's on you because you don't own Stadia - you're a renter.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
            Ha joke's on you because you don't own Stadia - you're a renter.
            Fammydodd would pay extra to own his.

Comment

I wouldn't pay what Google expects you to pay for a game. I can see that killing the system
              Last edited by Team Andromeda; 21-11-2019, 14:10.

Comment

Quite a letdown when Destiny 2 looks better on the One X.

Comment

Hope this thing fails hard, it's a path i don't want to see gaming going down. Not the streaming but the fact that consumers are losing more & more ownership rights with each step we go down this games as a service bollocks disguised as been oh so convinient as it strips away your rights to own anything. Google has already shown they want to price gouge the living **** out of you and at the end of it you own nothing just endlessly paying for everything month in & month out. They also have a piss poor track record of seeing anything through long term so you can kiss that library of £50 games you are paying for goodbye when they shut it down in a year or so.

The controller has been designed to be as hard to open as possible so if it breaks you can forget trying to repair it too.

If this is the future then it's one i don't want to be a part of, nothing about this seems like a good idea.

Comment

Fammydodd is having trouble getting it to work over dial-up.

Comment

LOOOL, yeah that google long life support.
                      Google has killed over 150 products since 2006. The average lifespan of a Google product is 4 years and 1 month.

Turdia is on countdown

Comment

I can't remember who said it but we shouldn't give up control for convenience.

Comment

Comment

Quite impressed with the lag, but been playing a lot more and the GFX aren't above a Base One and the pricing model is isnane.

Think if nothing else it will flop over the cost of games and lack a decent subscribe service. Xbox Cloud is so much better than this.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                              Giant bomb say it’s the worst way to play games. Vs pc, Xbox or PS4. Low res, artifacting, lag etc. Basically doesn’t do what they said it would (negative latency lol) plus you have to buy the games still, at same price as on consoles basically and google could turn the platform off or ban you on a whim at any time.
                              What I cannot fathom is how Google did not make this a Netflix style service, seems like a no brained. When it works, it sounds good, but load times sound not great for a Server Back bone Google speak of.

Comment

Originally posted by JU! View Post
                                What I cannot fathom is how Google did not make this a Netflix style service, seems like a no brained. When it works, it sounds good, but load times sound not great for a Server Back bone Google speak of.
                                Yeah, that's what's going to kill it, the price of the games.

Comment

Working...
                                X