No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like it cleaned up well The built in dual floppies on JP computers always give them an extra bit of flair imo.

Comment

So yeah, emm just bought this lol. The most i have ever paid for a videogame but this one is like new and it is not faded or damaged & still has the spine card. Sniped at the last second was funny watching people scrabble to try and raise the price. Been playing this a lot over the last few weeks and i love it enough to cough up the cash to own a physical copy thannkfully seller is in uk so i won't get reamed on import duty. It clicks with me a lot in every way, funnily enough not even the most expensive game on Ps1 there's at least one super obscure one that goes for close to a grand. Next one one the list is gegege no kitaro but thats £350

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
        So yeah, emm just bought this lol.

Such a great game that deserves to be treasured.

Comment

Damn I love Harmful Park, I used to have two copies back in the day. I always remember asking CEX how much they’d give me for it for a laugh. The highest they’d go was £1.

Comment

Wish i'd have known about it back when it didn't go for so much in fact there's a lot of ps1 japanese titles i regret not knowing about back on release as now i'm having to dig deep for these titles but this is the exception i doubt i'll pay as much for any other. Hehe that doesn't surprise me at all with CEX they are ripoff merchants to the max. Can only imagine the 4 figure price tag they would slap onto it if they had a copy although nowadays they don't do imports thankfully.

Have yet to get this in hand but from the pics this copy is in beautiful condition in fact the nicest one on ebay at the time of bidding, some of the others were laughable like the disk only copy for over £300 or a few with just stock images yeah im sure someone is going to risk £400 on a stock image listed as good. My copy will be loved & played, just didn't want to wait any longer as the years go on it seems to get more and more expensive so i jumped on this one while i still had the funds to do so.

Comment

It’s a worthy purchase for sure, it’s my favourite ever parody shoot ‘em up. I do wish I hung onto mine but there is no going back after the gaming purge I went through. To buy everything back now would cost thousands. Hope you enjoy it man.

Comment

A great game there importaku, not as good as the Parodius games for me. Happy enough to play my copied version of it than pay anywhere near what you paid though!
                I have boxed versions of all the parodius games for Super Famicom and PS1

Comment

I enjoy the weapons system of harmful park they are super cute i love the parfait laser most, some nice strategy too in switching weapons at key points. It's a very fun cute em up

The parodius games are indeed amazing i just need to find a nice copy of jikkyo oshaberi parodius to complete my set, annoyingly the ones on ebay at the moment are too expensive for the condition they are listed in. But definitely want it as i play them quite a lot, the ps1 versions are not plagued by as much slowdown as the cart versions which is another reason i want them all although the sfc versions are competent in what they pull off.
                  Last edited by importaku; 24-11-2019, 21:16.

Comment

Originally posted by doodledude View Post
                    not as good as the Parodius games for me.
                    I also like the Parodius games even more than Harmful Park, but HP is easily one of my favourite cute 'em ups. I really like the overall design -- and I find it quite a relaxing, feel good experience. The Parodius games are a bit more manic and wacky, so I tend to think they feel fresh when I go back to them. Harmful Park offers a different, more laid back vibe, but it's just as special in its own way.

Comment

@ importaku: may I ask how much you paid for HP? I’m thinking of selling mine soon to raise some cash toward a new PC for my eldest son. Similar condition to yours, inc spine.
                      Last edited by gordon; 24-11-2019, 23:47.

Comment

Originally posted by gordon View Post
                        @ importaku: may I ask how much you paid for HP? I’m thinking of selling mine soon to raise some cash toward a new PC for my eldest son. Similar condition to yours, inc spine.
                        pm sent

Comment

Cheers, man.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                            I also like the Parodius games even more than Harmful Park, but HP is easily one of my favourite cute 'em ups. I really like the overall design -- and I find it quite a relaxing, feel good experience. The Parodius games are a bit more manic and wacky, so I tend to think they feel fresh when I go back to them. Harmful Park offers a different, more laid back vibe, but it's just as special in its own way.
                            I think the relaxing vibe comes from the fact that the game defaults to the Easy difficulty setting. It becomes quite manic at higher settings.

Comment

[MENTION=39]importaku[/MENTION] so how much did you actually pay for Harmful Park?

Comment

Let’s just say I didn’t have much change out of £500, a bit embarrassing paying so much for a single game but it’s one of the few times I had enough spare funds to do it so I carefully weighed up the games list of what I still was after and what priority to give them. Harmful park is not easy to find in this condition and is highly sought after which were both factors why I chose it first instead of a handful of other shooters and games I’m after. Doubt I’d see one in this condition easily again and the damn things keep going up thanks to YouTube tools like metal Jesus hyping the **** out of them in omg rare games episodes.

Comment

Working...
                                X