No announcement yet.

Digital Stream: Television News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Disney+ streaming service launched on Tuesday with various treats ranging from “The Mandalorian” to some classic Mouse House films. One of the bigger ones though is “The Simpsons” with all thirty past seasons of the show available to stream at leisure. However fans quickly discovered an issue – the first 19 seasons of the […]

Disney have promised to fix the ratio image issues on The Simpsons on Disney+

Legendary Television has closed an agreement with comic author Frank Miller to turn his famed “Sin City” franchise into a television series. In addition, a deal is close with Robert Rodriguez to executive produce the series, the pair co-directed the 2005 film adaptation which launched to acclaim and solid box-office. Stephen L’Heureux, a producer of […]

And Legendary are working to create an R-Rated series adapation of Sin City

Comment

Amazon has handed out an early renewal order for its forthcoming mega-budget “The Lord of the Rings” TV series which is still only in the midst of pre-production on its first season. The project is set to film in New Zealand with a small number of actors like Markella Kavenagh, Will Poulter, and Joseph Mawle […]

Amazon have greenlit The Lord of the Rings: Season 02

http://www.darkhorizons.com/justice-...cinemas-again/

Whilst the rise in direct content delivery due to streaming means that the law in the US is soon to be changed allowing studios to own and operate their own cinema chains for the first time since 1948. A consequence of this is that it will be much easier for Disney, Warners, Universal and the likes to control the release calendar and for smaller studios and filmmakers to have to abandon the big screen due to lack of showings available.
      Last edited by Neon Ignition; 19-11-2019, 08:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
        Whilst the rise in direct content delivery due to streaming means that the law in the US is soon to be changed allowing studios to own and operate their own cinema chains for the first time since 1948. A consequence of this is that it will be much easier for Disney, Warners, Universal and the likes to control the release calendar and for smaller studios and filmmakers to have to abandon the big screen due to lack of showings available.
        So wait... Did they just bring back "the Studio System"?

Because that's big news, if so.

Comment

They said regulators will keep an eye on it for block bookings and malpractice etc but effectively it seems like we can expect the next studio purchases to not be other studios but to be them buying out the likes of AMC etc. Somewhere, someone is having a stellar game of real life Monopoly

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
            They said regulators will keep an eye on it
            Altogether now,

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Comment

History’s “Vikings” may be sailing off with its final season debuting next month, but fans of the series will be happy to hear that won’t be the end of the story. Netflix has handed out an order for “Vikings: Valhalla,” a follow-up series set a century after the conclusion of the original and will be […]

Netlflix have ordered sequel series Vikings: Valhalla which will be a set around a century after the soon to end original show.

Comment

You all will have got the same mail but, in case it ends up in your spam folder, just a quick heads up that Flixter have mailed to say that more films are now available to migrate to google play. I was missing quite a few last time I checked so I’m curious to see if any of them can be migrated now. Worth checking if you had some that couldn’t be transferred.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                  You all will have got the same mail but, in case it ends up in your spam folder, just a quick heads up that Flixter have mailed to say that more films are now available to migrate to google play. I was missing quite a few last time I checked so I’m curious to see if any of them can be migrated now. Worth checking if you had some that couldn’t be transferred.
                  Awesome. Barbie Spy Squad migrated!

Comment

Just one more added for me: The Wolverine. All my Friday the 13ths are still missing.

Comment

It's interesting seeing the effect of The Mandalorian and Watchmen going out one a week. Unlike the 'dumped all at once' shows like Stranger Things, people have no issue spoiling every moment of them in the assumption that everyone has watched them all at the same time. As much as that sucks for those of us being spoiled, that has to be increasing engagement.

Comment

Xfinity have released a 4 minute trailer that also acts as E.T: Extra Terrestrial 2

Comment

Yeah, I saw this with a more appropriate headline - America's most hated company ruins E.T. for Thanksgiving: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/28/am...d-company.html

Comment

Disney+ has premiered a trailer showcasing the new content coming to the streaming service in December. Along with the back half of the first season of “The Mandalorian,” both “Thor: Ragnarok” and “The Last Jedi” will shift from Netflix to their new home on Disney+ with the former arriving December 5th and the latter on […]

More content moving to Disney+

-Thor Ragnarok: 05 December
                            -Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi: 26 December
                            -Glory Road: 01 December
                            -Garfield The Movie: 01 December
                            -Alice: Through the Looking Glass: 11 December
                            -George of the Jungle 2: 20 December
                            -Togo: 20 December

The animated series Marvel's Spider-Man lands from 31 December.

Comment

"Hey Pa'w, that creepy looking alien is mooching round the back yard again!"

"Go fetch me ol' bessy, boy! We'll see how that son of a bitch likes a round or two of buckshot in his ass!"

Comment

Syfy has released the full trailer for the upcoming fifth season of its critically acclaimed original series “The Magicians” which returns on January 15th. Last season saw the death of lead character Quentin Coldwater. Now Julia, Alice, Eliot, Margo, Penny and their friends must learn to navigate a world without him. A new threat has […]

Syfy's The Magicians: Season 05 arrives on 15 January 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X