No announcement yet.

Critics Club III: Film of the Year 1980

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Ha ha ha, she totally thinks I'm writing a play on my typewriter, but I'm not! I'm really not!"

Comment

Grady: You've always been the caretaker Mr Torrance

Jack: Yes, I've been "shining" the floors

Comment

“You know you’re money’s no good here, sir”

*holds up piece of paper with 100 doLleRs written in crayon* (insert canned laughter)

Comment

Ullman: Four presidents, movie stars ...

Wendy: Royalty?

Ullman: No thank you, I'm not thirsty

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
            The director was Jimmy Murakami, who also directed the animated film When the Wind Blows.
            Is it only my negligence in checking scheduling or does that movie appear to have been wiped from history? It was such a BIG DEAL at the time and was always on telly but it must've been the early 90s when I last saw it. Maybe it's just me.

Seems strange because THE SNOWMAN is on every year, and this is basically an irradiated, slightly less jolly, feature-length version of that.

I'm proposing a mashup sequel called "NUCLEAR WINTER".

Comment

Yeah, it really doesn’t seem to get shown much. It’s on DVD but doesn’t seem to have a blu ray release.

Comment

Very strange. Almost like it's being suppressed. It was a bit of a masterpiece which is why its vanishing from TV is more jarring than SILVER STREAK's absence from telly.

Can't imagine Gene Wilder's blackface and Patrick MacGoohan's devastating use of The N Word going down too well these days but I reckon OAPs slowly dying from radiation sickness just might, can't believe it never even got a Blu!

Comment

Working...
                X