cheap TV help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cheap TV help needed

Looking for a cheap TV as my Panasonic 28" widescreen has died.
    Being a bit skint at the moment I`m looking for anything 28" widescreen with an RGB input and can take an ntsc signal.
    Anyone come across any gems of late?
    Cheers.

Have a quick search for 28ZD26P on these forums. There are quite a few topics on this TV. Its the one I have got and I got it online for ?460. It has got progressive scan (NTSC), 100Hz mode, component input, 1 RGB SCART, 2 back composite, 1 front composite and 1 front S-video.

I can't remember the website where i purchased it so have a search for that model number or wait until someone else posts it.

Comment

I did see that, but I`m looking around the ?200 mark (cheap cheap)
      I`ve seen a Beko tv in Woolies. Anybody got this?

Comment

i got a Matsui for ?199.94 in Currys a few months back, its silver, 28" and has an RGB input as well as a normal SCART and AV, the TV imo is fantastic, my dad was so impressed he went and bought the exact same tv for his house that day, see here:

imo the tv was a bargain and fits nicely with ur ?200 budget

Comment

Originally posted by demon9k
          Have a quick search for 28ZD26P on these forums. There are quite a few topics on this TV. Its the one I have got and I got it online for ?460. It has got progressive scan (NTSC), 100Hz mode, component input, 1 RGB SCART, 2 back composite, 1 front composite and 1 front S-video.

I can't remember the website where i purchased it so have a search for that model number or wait until someone else posts it.
          Do you know if there's any difference between the 28ZD26P and the 28ZD26? Toshiba's website only has the 28ZD26 listed.

What type of stand did you get with it and most importantly how good is it for games and DVD's?

Comment

Originally posted by gossi the dog

Do you know if there's any difference between the 28ZD26P and the 28ZD26? Toshiba's website only has the 28ZD26 listed.

What type of stand did you get with it and most importantly how good is it for games and DVD's?
            The P is the location it is made (or shipped to I forget), its irrelevant in other words.

I own this TV, I got it from Robertsons Direct (hurry its discontinued). It came with the open shelf stand (the good looking one), and its absolutely amazing TV for both DVD (component ) and Games.

The best 28" for around ?500, no doubt.

And a word of warning to anyone thinking of buying a matsui product, don't. I used to work for Currys and saw just how many came back to the repair bay (plus the picture is never better than average). And personally I would get a 21" instead of 28" to get a better set for the money e.g. not a goldfish bowl TV

Comment

I`ve seen a Beko tv in Woolies. Anybody got this?
              My mate has a Beko TV ill find out the model number to see if its the same one, but it doesnt do ntsc, only Pal 60 and for some reason it always puts borders on anything running at 60hz... bit strange 2bh.

I can also recomend the ZD26 series, well worth the money if you can find the extra cash

Comment

Yes do your homework and shop around

My TV died on Friday I went to shop to buy a new one on Saturday with mum's Apollo 2000 store card. IT is philips 24 inches widescreen TV for 380 pounds and I found out on Monday my work had a 28 inches widescreen version for 450 pounds I wish I had bought with hindsight

Then I got a full time job in a month time and I could bought a better TV so it is bad luck timing for me

Comment

Originally posted by Rushy
                  Originally posted by gossi the dog

The P is the location it is made (or shipped to I forget), its irrelevant in other words.

I own this TV, I got it from Robertsons Direct (hurry its discontinued). It came with the open shelf stand (the good looking one), and its absolutely amazing TV for both DVD (component ) and Games.

The best 28" for around ?500, no doubt.

And a word of warning to anyone thinking of buying a matsui product, don't. I used to work for Currys and saw just how many came back to the repair bay (plus the picture is never better than average). And personally I would get a 21" instead of 28" to get a better set for the money e.g. not a goldfish bowl TV
                  I see. Thanks for clearing that up. I'll be getting one shortly.

Can you buy the open shelf stand seperately, as most of the places I've found to be selling the Tv seem to be giving a rubbish pedestal stand away with it.

As for Matsui products, I guess you get what you pay for. I've had a 14" Matsui portable for over 6 years and when I bought it it was the cheapest Tv in the shop and have had absolutely no problems with it. It also does PAL 60 and has an RGB Scart socket two things that a lot of cheap TV's didn't have/do at the time. So I've got no complaints.

Comment

Working...
                  X