Final Fantasy X-2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ?pint
    I got on the PSM2 DVD a while back for beating the dark aeons! It shows me Zantetsukening them (or whatever the FF10 equivalent is, I can't remember!). I made Yojimbo really really friendly with me and he used it all the time, it was pro! And I managed the Chocobo race twice, once for my save (after only a few hours' practice) and once for a mates save (after only like, 5 minutes )
    I thought it was you. I recognised your name.

Personally the Dark Aeons pissed me off greatly and I couldn't be arsed with them. Was nice to see them actually beaten.

Comment

ive spent about 180 hours on FFX now and am really looking forward to the next one! Hope its as good as the score says. Ive kill all the dark aeons apart from anima and yojimbo and the big boss u get for killing all. Cant kill anima as i need ribion for all my characters. I dont use any summons to kill them. I got max stats with 3 of my characters and on the way to 4. At the moment im killing yojimbo over and over so that i can get 99 ribbions for auron to complete his armor. Then anima is up for it lol!

Comment

I have noticed that Play-Asia sell US games is well. Tempted to order FFX-2 from them, but WILL they get it instock for release day?

Comment

Wazy, I'm not sure about Play-Asia, but TheRage said that they still have first shipment orders when I contacted them by e-mail. I suggest you give them a bell, I guess. I just pre-ordered it yesterday, can't wait.

More saturday mornings in bed levelling with a litre bottle of cheap red bull in one hand and a joypad in the other, methinks 8)

Comment

play-asia have them in stock I think, the dispatch time is 2-4 days

Comment

Indeed Wazy, and my copy arrived from them today (well 3 days ago if you include the times ive missed its delivery).

First quick impression. Man, this game is fast. It starts so much differently to other FF advnetures. Its also very stylish, the front end CG sequence is stunning, and predictably Squaresoft in its execution. Yuna, Rikku and Paine are the cental charecters here, Yuna being the nice, pleasant type, Rikku being the youngster always getting into trouble, and Paine being the silent moody one. No great shakes there then so far.

Its only minutes before you face off in what will be the first of many random battles. Im getting my head round this slowly, but you can change "Dresspheres" during battle which effect the way your team works, and the options available to them. One dresssphere is used mainly as a method of stealing items, another gives you more strength and so on. New here is the ability to perform multiple hits by tapping the R1 button whilst performinga "Trigger Happy" attack. You have the "swordplay" move which uses MP, as well as the usual attack. item and defence abilities. Im only about 35 minutes in and am liking what I see, the game has charecter and a more bold, fast gameplay to any other FF I have played to date. Its initially confusing to see what it going on as everything happens to quickly, mainly due to the active battles's non-stop approach. The all-female cast is also interesting, Yuna was always a strong character and Im sure this game will get a large following because of it. So far, so good.

Comment

I think I'm putting this one on my wish list. The demo was pretty frenetic but really fun. How does the mission thing work out? Do you have them all from the start?

Comment

I heard FFX-2 International is all in Japanese, n just speaking in English is this true? I can read Hiragana n Katakana slowly, but wud still not understand most of potions etc im guessin

Comment

My US FF X-2 arrived today from DVDBO with a COOL T-Shirt in the jiffybag with a large FF X-2 logo on the back and the SquareEnix logo on the sleeve. Nice on DVDBO

...now just need to find some time...

Comment

If I don't get a t-shirt from DVDBO too I shall be very jealous ... How long ago did you order, talizker? (I ordered in June and hope it will arrive tomorrow)

Comment

fatbatch, yeah would have been arround June [when it first went on the site for pre-order]. It is very nice... i'm pleased to finally be able to replace my totally worn out FFVII T-Shirt that I got from E3 years back...

Fingers crossed for you!

Comment

Can anyone tell me how to get into the door thats locked by the keypad in the second mission in the game, in Besaid? I have searched and found four numbers, yet cannot get in.. This is shortly after meeting up with Wakka.

Comment

Watched the first 10 or so minutes - this isn't like the Final Fantasy I remember!

Also saw the game about 20 hours in, not sure I like the mission structure though it is a change in gameplay; something the series has needed for a while.

Not impressed at all, however I've not played FFX and my view of the game was both brief and stilted.

So just ignore me, quite frankly.

Comment

Originally posted by marcus
                              Can anyone tell me how to get into the door thats locked by the keypad in the second mission in the game, in Besaid? I have searched and found four numbers, yet cannot get in.. This is shortly after meeting up with Wakka.
                              Originally posted by spoiler
                              Once you have the four numbers, go upto the door press X and then input the numbers in the order it actually shows at the top of the screen - for me it was 0836.

Assuming of course your not talking about the second door where you meet Wakka inside the cave? This door won't open with the first set of numbers it requires a search sphere to find a second set of four numbers!
                              Hope this helps you!

Comment

Aye ta Friction, basically Id skipped ahead and hadnt gone through the scenes with Lulu, once Id done that it was all straightforward.

Im finding the battles are quite intenst dont you think, a lot more frenetic than the previous Final Fantasy games Ive played, particularly trying to line up combo hits. I like the R1 multiple attack also. Takes a bit of getting used to Ive found, but Im slowly warming to the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X