Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BAFTA Game Awards 2003

1 point per game spotted in the wrong category

Why have a childrens category? I'm sure the majority of those titles were not aimed specifically at children. There isnt a BAFTA for childrens music or film, is there?

Comment

As ever, the Japanese contribution to gaming (hardly insubstantial) is almost completely ignored.

Comment

Why isn't F-Zero nominated in the racing section? Maybe it's not realistic enough to be listed alongside the likes of WRC II Extreme and this year's F1 game.

The music section is very generic as well. Kind of disappointing that they've only chosen to focus on the game's that have an epic/movie style soundtrack, especially after the refreshing win of Luigi's Mansion a couple of years back. Amplitude should definately have been nominated IMFO, although it hasn't been a great year music-wise, it has to be said.

Comment

The genres seem all wrong. But I suppose they have to be generic. After all, there isn't a BAFTA prize for best "Eastenders scene where Peggy runs into the river, hers arms ablaze after setting her hair dye on fire", so I suppose game gernes have to be equally diverse.

But still Mortal Kombat, oh dear. Never mind the fact that it is in the action genre.

No Mario Kart, and no F-Zero. *Shrugs. It's not as if they're complicated or anything. Indeed IMO Mario Kart would do better to sell the notion of gaming to the masses than .... 007 : Nightfire.

Well I could be wrong about the appeal, but in terms of quality, hmm, we shall see.

The Kids thing pisses me off. Toy Story 2 is a great movie, it doesn't get brushed away at awards ceremonies into a 'Kids' section. Oh well.

Oh well. Such is life. These things happen and people are allowed to think differently from me I suppose.

Comment

Lists = Meh

Stupid arse gratifying awards, Much wrongness

Comment

WTF is ' Southcalibur II '
              ??????????????????????
              (under design)

If you going to have awards, for god sake have someone arranging them who actually understands what they are judging!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hoathenfold
                WTF is ' Southcalibur II '
                ??????????????????????
                (under design)

If you going to have awards, for god sake have someone arranging them who actually understands what they are judging!!!!
                It's an instantly accesible yet deep beat-em-up where you can play as Cartman or the unlockable Mr. Hanky the Christmas poo (aka piece of crap) (PS2 only - Namco thought it appropriate to include characters that have some affinity with the host platform) :P Just kidding.

Comment

two WWE games

three multiformat games in the xbox section

splitters two nominated in the PS2, cube and xbox catagories (its not THAT good)

SC2 nominated in GC and xbox catagories

Need for Speed Underground, Broken Sword: The Sleeping Dragon, Tony Hawk?s Underground and Lord of the Rings: Return of the King all nominated despite not being out yet

im bored of listing their stupid mistakes, if they arent going to do this right, why do they bother?

Comment

Actually Chad, there is a grand total of 8 games from Japan. 4 of those are on the GBA.
                    The polarisation of the market is quite shocking.

Comment

Call of Duty in the same category as C&C Generals?

Comment

how is a myst sequel strategy Its funny how games like Timesplitters 2 and Burnout 2 are nominated when they came out last year and picked up awards last year.. you dont get the same films winning the same oscar every year do you

I think its a case of the publishers paying to be nominated, which might explain the lack of some publishers and saturation of others.. perhaps timesplitters 2 is on there because eidos are paying towards the event and havent released anything half decent since TS2 .. they couldnt exactly nominate Angel of Darkness or Backyard Wrestling

instead of this crap and gamestars someone should do a proper awards thing where they give awards based on quality and use the show as a vehicle to promote decent games to the mass market, eg. the ones the general public dont get to see because of all the turdtastic stuff being hyped up by short-termist publishers.

Instead of WWF, F1 2003 and some rentaware game from 7 years ago.. Stuff like Syberia, WarioWare Inc, SOS: The Last Report, Project Zero, Animal Crossing, Rez and the plight of the UK games industry is what they should show...

Comment

Wow! PGR2 is there before it's even released

Comment

You guys do know how the nomination procedure works for the BAFTAs yes?

If your game (or film, or whatever) is out on the shelves before the ceremony, it's eligible for nomination. And how do you get nominated? You pay to be considered.

Don't want to pay, no chance of nomination...

Comment

Working...
                            X