No announcement yet.

Tony Hawk's Underground

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO THPS2 on the Dreamcast was the best but i stopped playing them at THPS3 but my bros renting THUG tommorow so all may change

Comment

I`ve got much further now and can honestly say if you`ve played Tony Hawks 3 or 4 and are pretty good go straight for the sick mode.

It`s fun very fun, but the driving missions play like a joke.

It seems much more "simple" goal orientated than before go collect this, go to people etc.

I`ve got to the end of normal mode without hardly any effort (bear in mind I am pretty good at tony hawks 3/4 considering the hours I put in - just ask my girlfriend how many hours lol - still cant beat the better online players though), infact all the high scores so far have been done with using manuals only (apart from the THPS challange lol and a couple of others), according to my mates though sick is much harder, lord knows what easy is like though.

Comment

I too have reached the end of normal mode, i'll prolly have a go at sick (seeing as my girlfriend is submerged in FFXI most of the time so i can;t use the pc) it wasn't very hard. I still think the th1/2/3 structure was better then this no-time limit nonsense.

Comment

Am I the only person who finds it far too fast!?

Admittedly I've missed TH3 and 4 but this seems much much faster than Tony Hawks 1 and 2. I dread to think of how fast my reactions will have to be to get any good scores!

(Agreed on the structure as well...It's trash imho, give me a set level and time limit for me to properly do score attack!)

Comment

I quite like the skate around levels to find goals, but some of the goals are either frustrating as they contain little or no skating or are very very easy.

Comment

concerning the speed: yes, when the franchise moved to ps2 (and otherwise) either the conversions became better or the game just became faster... 3 is well faster than 2 and a fully levelled up skater in 4 is even faster. with great speed comes great responsibility... euhm high jumps.

I agree, 2 minutes and thats it was much better, it adds an urgency to find the best spots and the best ways to use them to maximise your 2 minutes. it somehow was more condusive to the game.

Comment

I finished this over Christmas and wanted to get to the end before giving my opinion on it. I'm a big fan of the Tony Hawks series and was looking forward to this release, but initially was very disappointed by it. The early tasks are far too uninspiring, as has been stated earlier in this thread by several people. The tasks don't require any particularly skilful skating, it's more just a case of finding the right places to go to.

Later on the game starts to get better, but in normal mode it's still far too easy and it's not until the last couple of tasks that you'll genuinely be challenged if you've played the series before.

The control system has been very nearly perfected. Everything comes together better in THUG than in any previous incarnation of the game and the ease of transitioning flatland and lip tricks with running gives the player freedom to really rip up all the environments. In some ways this is bad as it means that it's easier than ever to construct lines that can take you right through some of the massive levels and have combos of 40+ multipliers. Personally I don't mind because it just shifts the goalposts - you can't really compare it to previous versions as the running and transfers add too much freedom.

It's not a keeper for me, it's just a little too unfocused. By splitting the high score challenge off from the story mode, the majority of the replayability has been killed for me. They could have incorporated it quite easily, but for some reason chose not to. I'll replay it in sick and see if my feelings change, but I'm really wanting them to do a TH5 with this control setup, but the structure of the old games.

Comment

Working...
                X